• Heretic / Hexen series
    • Medal of Honour
    • Sin
    • Startrek: Elite Force series
    • Starwars: Dark Forces / Jedi Knight series
    • Strife
    • Wolfenstein series
    • Other

Which of these Doom/Quake engined games would you like to see a remake of / sequel to using the Doom 3 engine?

Before selecting the 'other', bear in mind this is only for remakes of / sequels to games that use the Doom, Quake, Quake 2 or Quake 3 engines.

I personally would love to see a Heretic or Hexen (or both!) III, as well as a true sequel to Quake or Quake 2.

Hexen, heretic, strife.. It would be simply classic to see those in the doom 3 engine. However I really doubt history will repeast itself, and I think Half Life 2 is most likely to appear in the new doom engine. I find that a good thing even though it's not one of my favorite games.

Hopefully they refrain from adding any stupid coding mistakes like they did with the original Half-Life.

The current HL clipping code comes to mind.

Arioch said:
Hopefully they refrain from adding any stupid coding mistakes like they did with the original Half-Life.

The current HL clipping code comes to mind.

hmm, just out of Curiosity, what coding mistakes are you refering to. (I got HL platinum witch came with bug fixers)

Playing through Half-Life, you can often get stuck into walls particularly in tunnels, and when you go up/down lifts you can get stuck into the floor of the lift, and be slowly "crushed" to death.

This is a particularly widespread problem that Valve is either unwilling or unable to fix. Sierra support specifically tells you to enable cheat codes and noclip out of this situation whenever it occurs.

Note that, despite the many patches Half-Life has gone through (the latest full patch file is well over 100 megabytes) the problem has only gotten worse.

Getting stuck in the floors and lifts?!? That's never happened to me before. I only thought that happened in Action Half-Life, especially at the beginning of the game. You get stuck at the Lab Enterance.

Strife. If we can't get the source to make a source port with, then I'd like to see a complete remake or sequel with the Doom 3 engine. The chances of seeing a remake/sequel would prolly be non-existant though... :/

I think you can rule out elite force 2. In the doom3 engine anyway.
Because It's being made, by ritual for the Q3:TA engine. As good as ritual are, I don't have much hope in the new Elite force game though :|.

Also, I would love to see a a new alice game..or a new game by american mcgee, it's a pity that the team behind alice, rogue collapsed shortly after alice was released, it wasn't successful enough for EA.

A new Heretic game would be good as well. I loved heretic 2.

Eh. As long as I get Doom 3, i'll be happy. Until I finish it.

And then a sequel to heretic/hexen.

One that finishes them both.

NiGHTMARE said:

Before selecting the 'other', bear in mind this is only for remakes of / sequels to games that use the Doom, Quake, Quake 2 or Quake 3 engines.

yet you have games up there that dont use the doom, quake, quake 2, or quake 3 engines, yeah that makes lots of sense

yet you have games up there that dont use the doom, quake, quake 2, or quake 3 engines, yeah that makes lots of sense

Okay, what planet are you on?

Alice: Quake 3 engine
Half-life: Quake engine
Heretic / Hexen series: Doom / Quake engine
Medal of Honour: Quake 3 engine
Sin: Quake engine (maybe Quake 2 engine, I'm not 100% sure)
Startrek: Elite Force series: both use the Quake 3 engine
Starwars: Dark Forces / Jedi Knight series: JK2 uses the Quake 3 engine
Strife: Doom engine
Wolfenstein series: RTCW uses the Quake 3 engine

Arioch said:

Playing through Half-Life, you can often get stuck into walls particularly in tunnels, and when you go up/down lifts you can get stuck into the floor of the lift, and be slowly "crushed" to death.

Yeah, happens a lot of times to me, it's annoying as hell and cheats for some reason usually don't want to work for me, impulse101 will work fine, but not anything else. So whenever tha happens I'm pretty much fucked.

NiGHTMARE said:

Half-life: Quake engine
Medal of Honour: Quake 3 engine
Sin: Quake engine (maybe Quake 2 engine, I'm not 100% sure)

Half Life used the Quake 2 engine, Medal Of Honor Allied Assault used the Quake 3 engine, and Sin used the Quake 2 engine as well. :P

So many great games using such great engines.

Wrong. Half-Life used the Quake 1 engine for its base, while approximately 70% of it was replaced by new technology developed by Valve. There ARE a few sections of Quake 2 code in HL, but not that much. Possibly the netcode is Q2 based IIRC.

going against the FPS majority will prolly make me very unpopular....but i want a Starcraft 2 goddamnit and they better do a better job than they did on shitty Warcraft 3

I think Warcraft 3 is heavily overrated.
I think it sucks donkeycock.. Just because it's a game made by Blizzard, it doesn't mean you HAVE to like it.