Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest benlanka

Facts about Doom 3

Guest benlanka

Here are some internal facts from idSoftware I got during a visit a few days ago. Carmack confirmed that the old weapons like the chainsaw and the BFG9000 will return in id's codenamed Doom 3. An official name is not chosen yet.

I saw the engine in action on a PC equipted with a GeForce3 card, and I must say, IT ROCKS. With FSAA all over the place, and 64bit textures, Doom 3 just makes my year complete!

I saw lot's of monsters who are coming really close to the one's seen in Doom 1 & 2. It just SO cool to see an Imp completly 3D rendered. Only one pitty: I wasn't allowed to make pictures for the community. Doesn't matter, we still got the facts!

I dont know who you are, so I don't exactly know if I beleive you...but if it is true... LUCKY BASTARD!

Do they actually have any weapon models done yet? I didn't see any in the tech demo. And what about pick ups? Will there be a really sweet looking Soul Sphere? And I can only imagine with graphics this good, what ghosting will look like {Spectres, Inv. Spheres}...

Jeremy said:

I dont know who you are, so I don't exactly know if I beleive you...but if it is true... LUCKY BASTARD!

Do they actually have any weapon models done yet? I didn't see any in the tech demo. And what about pick ups? Will there be a really sweet looking Soul Sphere? And I can only imagine with graphics this good, what ghosting will look like {Spectres, Inv. Spheres}...

Ah, Jeremy dude ! Glad to see you're back, deadnail's been missing you and has been taking it all out on me :)

Pah, you wish. Stop begging for attention with drivel like this. And as for you, Doom 3 man, well, that's good to hear. :)

Fucking lying newbie. Now you have to pay the price bitch!

/me picks up benwanka, gets him in the torture rack, than opens the elevator shaft access door, hurls his ass down there hearing him hit the ground with a loud *SCRUNCH*.
/me than throws down a couple HIGH-BASTARDIZATION newbie coffee grenades down the shaft, shuts the door and runs for cover.

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!*

Think were stupid enough to believe that crock of bullshit? I think not.

Jeremy said:

Welcome back pubester!

Only thing that bugs me is that you are so stupid as to believe this goddamn newbie. I mean I know your stupid and whatnot but I mean c'mon!

Anyway, welcome back ya little bum.

:)

Hmmmm...really? If it´s true what you say, then tell some details please. For example, what kind of monsters have you seen and how exactly did they look? Otherwise I won´t believe you :p

Guest Dark_Fox

Your about as convincing as a bag of horse shit stamped Frosted Flakes..

Stupid people suck..

There´s no need for 64-bits images. There aren´t any formats available, btw.
Carmack said to you what? Gamespy, Gamespot and other collossus can´t get a decent interview with iD... and you´re telling us that he actually let you in?

Guest D-clone

lying piece of shit!
the human eye cant even see beyond 24bit-32bit color, dumbass. and no card manufactureer is stupid enough to make their cards 64bit cpompatible, since no software will do it anyways.
Go back to the little asshole that yopu came from and dont come back out!

64 and 128 bit color both exist. Their true purpose evades me too, and 99% of all video cards today can't reach it. I think it has some bonuses when you get down to have 4 textures and a ton of light effects... it might make the end result clearer or come out faster or something. Who knows?

All I know is I'm in Goddamn love with 32 bit color! :)

The 64 & 128 bits aren´t presicely formats. The eye actually CAN see more than 16,277,216 colors, but monitors can´t produce them. Did you ever made a 1280x1024 gradient from black to white? Hello 256 color-land...

Those extra bits are used to store other type of information. What kind of data? depends on what wants the developers. Carmack wants´em to reduce the destination color calculations error, since today operations with 32 bit color can produce weird results if you place a lot of lights exactly in the same point. Other people use the extra info to store an alpha channel (I think the PNG´s an example), or a built-in bumpmap, etc...

Guest Dark_Fox
MACVILEWHORE said:

Don't worry, he's dead. Read my post a couple clicks down.

WE can always rely on you mac.. =)

Yeah, but make it look like an accident... mmh, something related to coffee burning...

Guest Medieval_Gnome
Zaldron said:

The 64 & 128 bits aren´t presicely formats. The eye actually CAN see more than 16,277,216 colors, but monitors can´t produce them. Did you ever made a 1280x1024 gradient from black to white? Hello 256 color-land...

Those extra bits are used to store other type of information. What kind of data? depends on what wants the developers. Carmack wants´em to reduce the destination color calculations error, since today operations with 32 bit color can produce weird results if you place a lot of lights exactly in the same point. Other people use the extra info to store an alpha channel (I think the PNG´s an example), or a built-in bumpmap, etc...

Or for filming (as in movies) they have IIRC 16-32 bits PER CHANNEL per color.

Zaldron said:

There´s no need for 64-bits images. There aren´t any formats available, btw.
Carmack said to you what? Gamespy, Gamespot and other collossus can´t get a decent interview with iD... and you´re telling us that he actually let you in?

Rellik got in. He hangs out at the Newdoom forums. He came back with pictures of his trip to id and everything. (No pictures of the game though. Not allowed). He purchased the tour on ebay if I recall correctly. I don't know if this guy is telling the truth or not. I think it's too early to outright call him a liar though.