Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Doomworld Forums FAQ

These forums have a "FAQ" section but I have never put anything in it. However everyone has been complaining lately that the number of flogged-to-death topics and lame posts has reached an all time high, so I figure it's time to bust out the FAQ page so we have something to point people to.

Post your ideas for FAQ questions/answers in this thread. Offtopic posts will be deleted. Try and be serious, this is your chance to do something constructive about the situation some find to be getting out of hand.

Good idea. It should include:

-When will it be released?
-Why are we calling it Doom3?
-What is known about the story? (nothing, except maybe "Mars" as a location)
-What is known about the weapons? (nothing, also forget about the "no rocketlauncher" rumour)
-What is known about enemies?
-Technical questions

We have a Doom 3 FAQ at http://www.doomworld.com/files/doom3faq.shtml , I am talking about a FAQ for the forums.

So you mean questions and answers about special topics we discussed very often??

Then I would say:

-"I think Doom3 should have new weapons"
-"I think Doom3 should have new demons"
-Flynn Taggard / the Doom novels
-Doom64
-Aliens or demons, or both?

Tetzlaff said:

So you mean questions and answers about special topics we discussed very often??

Then I would say:

-"I think Doom3 should have new weapons"
-"I think Doom3 should have new demons"
-Flynn Taggard / the Doom novels
-Doom64
-Aliens or demons, or both?

He means a do's and don't list for forum use, DOOMWORLD forums, not just Doom3. A FAQ that can be pointed to when someone oversteps accepted use

Something like:
-Don´t open three new threads in a line
-Read all topics of the last month before you say something
-Never call the Doom guy "Flynn Taggart"
-Don´t write everything in capital letters

:)

...or what?

Official Rules:
===============
1. Stick to the topic. No clan talk in the Doom 3 forum and no editing questions in the General forum. That's why we have them.
2. No pr0n, warez, romz, or otherwise illegal/objectionable content.
3. No requests for said content. Use email, it's not our business.
4. Specifically, no requests for the full version of Doom. Go to Hell on your own.
5. No flaming. Go to the FYAD forums at somethingawful.com if that's what you're into.

Common Sense Logic:
===================
1. Don't make a new thread just to introduce yourself. You're only asking for trouble.
2. If no one is responding to your post don't post it again. They see it; double posting is a crime punishable by flagellation.
3. Don't volunteer unneccessary information. Your religion is your own business, and that goes for gender and sexual preference as well.
4. Think about your message before you post. If you think it's something better said with email or an IRC session you're probably right.
5. Respect permeates outward. If you want to be treated well then treat others well. In other words, 'Fuck you' is not a good first impression.
6. POSTING IN ALL CAPS MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A CHILD.
7. PoStINg iN BiZZaRe CaPS MakES YoU LooK LiKE An IDioT.
8 posting without punctuation makes you look lazy
9. Posng withh atrocious spellleng refletks veri porly upon yourslf.
10. P05T1nG 1N L33T 5P34K M@K35 Y0U L00K L1K3 A R3T@RD.
11. If you're going to make a large post have the decency to break it down into paragraphs. If it's one humongous block of text no one will bother reading it.
12. If you double post take the time to delete one of them.
13. Take the time to browse a months worth of thread titles before you start a new one. Otherwise you might get verbally abused for being redundant.

Frequently Asked Questions:
===========================
Q: How do I get an icon by my name?
A: Edit your profile. From there you can upload a custom 36 by 36 gif or use an existing one. If you upload a new one you need to email Linguini and ask him to enable it before you can use it.

Q: I emailed Ling Bizkit but it's not there, why?
A: He's not the fastest dog in the race. It will take at least a week and at most a month. Be patient.

Q: I made a mistake and double posted; how do I delete a post?
A: Edit it and check the delete box before hitting post. Easy.

Q: I want to change my nickname; can I do that and keep my post count?
A: No. Delete your old account and start up a new one. The post counts usually don't work anyway so it's not really a loss.

Q: Why can't I edit the 'title' tag in my account?
A: Even God doesn't know.

Q: But what...
A: No, dammit.

Q: Damn.
A: That's not a question.

Q: Damn?
A: This is getting boring, bucko.

Q: Can I include an image in a post?
A: Yes. The code for it is but that doesn't seem to work lately either. You can try but you're just jerking off.

Q: This a good start, Ling?

Yes Zaldron, freedom can be a harsh mistress. For instance, with the power of freedom I can tell you to suck a goat! Isn't it grand?

Back offa freedom, bucko. ^_^

What would you propose we do? Hunt out the people 'qualified' for internet access and mark them? Sounds kind of... communistic to me. Xenophile.

Xenophile... hey, that´s you! Remember?

You said many times you hate people...
No, there´s no way to solve the "llama incident", but you can´t deny Inet would be a nicer place if we were without them...
Even gaming sites had just started complaining about the people that ruins their servers. Note that I´m not saying "newbie" here, but "llama", people that is retarded by definition.

Mmh, the only nice thing I can say about this guys is that they made the web more entertaining...