Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

...options-screen...

How should the new doom's options-screen (new game, load game, options,etc...) look like? I ask you this because I think the options-screen is a very important "part" of the game. It can add something extra to the atmosphere (Check out Alice... That's a cool options-screen !!!)

I give you these options :

-The same?
-The same, but... With a fresh look?
-Completely different?
-Something else?

I would like to see it completely different. I can't tell you why exactly, but I just feel like the options-screen from the new Doom should look different, except for the game itself... And now my brothers, it's your turn...........

Of course different, brozzer! I don´t know if it´s even possible to make such a simple options screen as it was seen in the old Dooms for a modern game?

Maybe some references to parts of the old screen. For example the "choose your skill" screen. What was it like? "Don´t hurt me/ not too rough/ bring it on/ hardcore/ NiGhTmArE [blooody]" :)

It should also have a good configuration screen for the playermodel, with different skins to choose etc.
I would also like to see a large weapons section, where you can browse through your armory and get information about the weapons.

Good points about the skins Tetzlaff.. And I don't mean a couple of skins, I want tons of skins. And how about an easy editing-program to make your own skins. Imagine yourself in the game, with a cool haircut, some badass-tattoos, and a nice suit to go with it... That would be cool.

There´s no easy way to make skins. Sweat + Blood + Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro is what you need.

Guest JudgeDooM

I've drawn (by hand) an options menu some months ago. It's very Half-Life-ish, but it's complete with skin browser, player setup, info about ennemies, weapons, etc. I'd like to upload it here but, eh...I don't have a scanner :(

I concur. Alice, FAKK 2, ...and I can't wait to see the menus of Undying. Damn, the Q3 engine games have some seriously cool menus (aside from Q3 of course).

Maybe they should make an interface that looks like you're logged into a UAC computer - with lots of techy panels and screens and all that.

really demonic looking carved green marble and skull switches
and glowin' runes

SINGLE PLAYER
MULI PLAYER
OPTIONS
READ THIS!
EXIT

SINGLE PLAYER
NEW GAME
LOAD GAME
SAVE GAME

MULI PLAYER