Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Amanichen

it's all too simple! (sorry for enthusiasm)

Ok...Doom 3:

Satanic/space tech (doom1 and 2)
or
medieval/transdimensional tech (quake)
or
Tech/Tech (quake 2)?

What's your prediction?

Guest Medieval_Gnome

...can be yours for just $100. That's right _just_ _100_ _dollars_!

sorry, couldn't resist.

deadnail said:

All, plus more.

Right. id used all those themes for the arenas on Q3A.
I´ll wonder what they´ll do now? The freaky lighting of the engine allows the mappers to do incredible things if combined with the shaders.

Anyone remembers that level from DooM2, "the Spirit World"? I wonder what kind of surreal, limbo-like stuff now they can produce...

Zaldron said:

Right. id used all those themes for the arenas on Q3A.
I´ll wonder what they´ll do now? The freaky lighting of the engine allows the mappers to do incredible things if combined with the shaders.

Anyone remembers that level from DooM2, "the Spirit World"? I wonder what kind of surreal, limbo-like stuff now they can produce...

Remember, every Teir in Q3A had it's own kickass texture set. What is that, six themes? That's the second most impressive thing about id (the first being their engines), their textures are simply fucking amazing.

I remember the first time I loaded up Q3A, instead of botfighting, I just watched the maps textures. Adrian Carmack, Kevin Cloud and Kenneth Scott sure know what´re they doing.

Of all the Q3-powered games, I still think that Q3A has the most beatiful set of texts. RTCW and MoH could prove me wrong, tough.

I'll give you that... the textures in Q3A are by far the best in any Q3E game... it's just a shame that Q3A has double the loading time of other Q3E games that have levels twice as big! WTF?

Boy, Hexen, Heretic 2 and Soldier of Fortune... I can't wait to see what Raven will do with Q3E! =)

STV : EF was really impressive in terms of gameplay/graphics IMO, altough the annal-retentive license from Paramount forced them to make the texture set pretty much like the show.

I was checking e3expo.com yesterday, and Raven´s not listed in "Current exhibitors", altough they have until April 7th to register. I really, really want to see how´s SoF2 looking, and what´s the mysterious TBA game. I don´t give a shit what´s their PS2 title, unless is some kind of HeXen remake or something...

Well, thanks to a mail I know it´s being made by Raven, something that curiously, Activision never announced. Weird, gaming sites (the ones I visit) don´t know this.

It´s obvious that SoF2´s being made on the Q3A engine. In fact, the GHOUL system must be at a very polished state right now, I´ll guess skeletal animation and (probably) real physics for the IK skeleton.

Well...considering the previews...it looks like it might be (or at least start out as) a dark space theme like Aliens. I'm just thinking what they could do with Hell (picuring colossal lavafalls spilling over rock cliffs, giant intestine-like landscapes, marble fortresses looming on the horizon).

Zaldron said:

I remember the first time I loaded up Q3A, instead of botfighting, I just watched the maps textures. Adrian Carmack, Kevin Cloud and Kenneth Scott sure know what´re they doing.

Of all the Q3-powered games, I still think that Q3A has the most beatiful set of texts. RTCW and MoH could prove me wrong, tough.

Textures look cool yes, but whenever I see them actually applied to something in the game it looks awful... must be because of my crappy 16-bit Voodoo 3. I have to get one of them GF3s...

Guest CRiZ
Zaldron said:

STV : EF was really impressive in terms of gameplay/graphics IMO, altough the annal-retentive license from Paramount forced them to make the texture set pretty much like the show.

I was checking e3expo.com yesterday, and Raven´s not listed in "Current exhibitors", altough they have until April 7th to register. I really, really want to see how´s SoF2 looking, and what´s the mysterious TBA game. I don´t give a shit what´s their PS2 title, unless is some kind of HeXen remake or something...

Id isn't registered either? What's up with that?
I thought we were gonna get some more screenshots soon. 8(