Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord FlatHead

Doomcenter.com

I encourage everyone to go to www.doomcenter.com. It does a much better job at providing Doom 3 information than Doomworld or Newdoom.com (but of course, not as good as www.geocities.com/lordflathead :) and they've got a Doom FAQ up.

I was doing one of my daily checks at Stomped, and that article caught my attention. It´s really a good site, and there´s tons and tons of info stored.

Take in mind that there´s nothing new, well, at least for the oldest members of this forum. The FAQ´s pretty much a diary of every bit of info id released. Still an interesting read...

Guest JesusMk2

My God this site is slow to load. Who is the server?

Better question still: what connection do you have. I don't have any slowdown at all on my cable connection. By the way, did I mention I have a GeForce 2 ?

Guest JudgeDooM
Lord FlatHead said:

did I mention I have a GeForce 2 ?

Welcome to the club :)

JesusMk2 said:

My God this site is slow to load. Who is the server?

Who (?) is the server?
Last time I checked, people can´t afford to store webpages on their brains and stuck their fingers into a coaxial cable :)

Doomcenter´s from the Mindless Games servers...

It's a nice site indeed. I registered there today. My name there is Disorder (Gee, what a surprise...) But I think I'll stay here the most of the time... I know most of you people here.

Doomcenter.com looks better IMO. But Linguica said a while ago that he wanted to change the look of doomworld anytime soon... Hey Ling, Do you have any good ideas yet for doomworld's improved look?

Guest JesusMk2
JudgeDooM said:

I love the sarcasm in this forum, its make me want to find where you guys live and axe you guys to bitz. Sorry Ive delt with way too many people like you before, its winding me up!!! :(

I have the Geforce 2 GTS (I think thats right?), and My cable is usually very fast. The server is probably stuffed some where in the US of F*CKIN A!. Nutz I wished I could live over there, I know its sh*tty but at least its cheaper than the UK.

Disorder said:

It's a nice site indeed. I registered there today. My name there is Disorder (Gee, what a surprise...) But I think I'll stay here the most of the time... I know most of you people here.

Doomcenter.com looks better IMO. But Linguica said a while ago that he wanted to change the look of doomworld anytime soon... Hey Ling, Do you have any good ideas yet for doomworld's improved look?

The art´s better, but the color scheme´s hideous. I can barely notice the deep blue text, wich highly contrasts with the white text.

I prefer DW style, clean and elegant.

It's a very nice site. I've added it to my list of sites to visit daily.

JudgeDooM said:

Welcome to the club :)

can i join the club? noone ever lets me join their clubs...like the no-kennys club

"hey can i be in your club?"
"the sign says no kennys"
"you let that kenny in!!"
"it says no kennyS one is ok"
"sigh."

You know, It almost looks like a site from the Gamespy Network. Speaking of Gamespy, they've already registered planetdoom.com. Considering their (growing) popularity & size, they're probably going to have more info than anyone else.

PlanetDooM? you sure?

Yeah, I just went there and you´re saying the truth. This is really weird, since Gamespy registered BOTH www.doom3.com and www.planetdoom.com. They´re obviously different links for the same content, but this is enough proof to imagine how hard Gamespy will try to cover this game.

Aside from PlanetDuke (DukeWorld is better) the Gamespy network just has superior coverage. Contaminated.net and PlanetSoldier alone prove that quite well. Even sites like PlanetBlood continue to have impressive reporting!

Who the hell am I, one of your Psychic Friends? All I'll say is that you'll have your work cut out for you... that's for damn sure. The competition will really heat up.

However, I doubt that Gamespy will cover old-doom happenings, so you should still be king in that regard even if your D3 coverage loses out. =)

JesusMk2 said:

I have the Geforce 2 GTS (I think thats right?), and My cable is usually very fast. The server is probably stuffed some where in the US of F*CKIN A!. Nutz I wished I could live over there, I know its sh*tty but at least its cheaper than the UK.

Ooh, Do NOT go down that path.............
tried it once and still putting out the fires.

Well, the site is alright. But the part about co-op mode i disagree. They say theres alot evident that co-op wont be included. I can remember something carmack said: we wont concentrate on multiplayer, but we will add co-op mode. And why should they buy voice recognization of valve, if it cant be used with co-op mode?! Without co-op less players will play the game.

What do u think about co-op, will it be left out or not?

Zaldron said:

Gamespy registered BOTH www.doom3.com and www.planetdoom.com.

You know why they registered both? Just so their competition can't get a URL familiar to the game's title, so people who put in www.doom3.com or www.planetdoom.com to see if it exists will go to their site, just so they make more money than the others. It's a sad attempt at monopolizing the online Doom community.

---------------