Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PFCRon

Retroactive Secret

Guest PFCRon

Has anyone discussed what their ideas for the secret and/or supersecret level(s) for DOOM 3 are gonna be like? Please tell me your ideas by responding to this post. As for my idea, how about the first secret level being a "flashback" level, like Map31 in DOOM 2. This time, how about the level would be a redone and modified E1M1? Lets have enemies that only appear in that level, just like the SS Soldiers in DOOM 2. For a supersecret level, I was thinking maybe it could be a whole new level, like Map32, or it could be a rendition of E1M8 or E2M8. Unlike the DOOM 2 secret levels, however, the music for them would be redone versions of their old music (At Doom's Gate for the secret level). Just don't call the first level "Hangar". That would be too easy for people to figure out it's E1M1 just redone.

Post your ideas below.

Map32 was the remake of the last level of the first episode of Wolfenstein.

About secret levels. They have seem to lost the battle. Today games don´t do such things, cause building a level by today standards is hard enough to just throw it as a bonus.

I´m nor really waiting for a secret level, perhaps a tech test, like the one in Serious Sam, just to break the GF3.

Yes map 32 was, and the tunes for map 32 were kinda redone.. but in either case it was the same music that appeared in that level of Wolfenstien. But I like the idea of seeing old Doom levels redone! Like take a poll, and include a meager selection of a sort of "Doom's Greatest Hits" if you will, meaning the most popular levels of Doom, and possibly Doom 2. Redone versions of the origonal music for the respesctive levels is a must.

Guest Archvile46

I think they oughta make one or two secret levels that have a little bit to do with the main flow of the game, and one or two that are the "flashback" style. Maybe even a level with bits and pieces of all of the E1 from Doom, although I think Orin Flaherty did something like that in MM2.