Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PFCRon

I've asked before and I'll ask again.........

Guest PFCRon

Back when I was PFCGray, I think either me or someone else brought up the subject of character interaction. Now my memory needs refreshing. Will there be any? Will DOOM 3 have more strategy and puzzle solving involved, not just demon blasting? The type of puzzle solving I would like to see is something like what was done in Hexen 2, just souped up a bit; not just books and wall writings, but other marines and/or human characters as well. Hell, maybe even dying zombies could be interrogated! Imagine-

Marine: Tell me where the missing fuel for the reactor is, or I'll leave you to die slowly right here!

Former Human (dying): RRRRRRRRRRRARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Living hyooooooooooooo-man scum! Need brainsssssssssss!!!!!!

Marine: TELL ME YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

FH: ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! In fuel clowzzzet, far eeeeeesht!

Marine: Thank you! (shoots zombie)

This is just an example, not to be taken as an actual conversation in the game when they make it. And I'm not ignorant, just typin it to make it sound like a Former Human's voice (if it could talk).

Tim Willits (main designer on Doom 3) has said id would like to put more imaginative ways of getting information in the game, so I guess a dying or wounded soldier could be a good possibility.

The facial expressions seen in the Geforce3 movie almost are a guaranty for character interaction. Otherwise the whole face animations where almost useless, if there would be no one you can talk to, right?

Lord FlatHead said:

Tim Willits (main designer on Doom 3) has said id would like to put more imaginative ways of getting information in the game, so I guess a dying or wounded soldier could be a good possibility.

And that´s a really, really hard job. I can´t imagine a way that some FPS haven´t already used...