Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest s999cop

DeadNail, about the Capacity(related to D3)

Guest s999cop

if you think it might takes 2gb on your computer is just a little stuff?, i put quake3 on already and takes up like alot of bytes, then my computer already slows down, even doom2.exe, i mean zdoom.exe starts not responding this morning, got any idea why? cuz i just had to delete some files first befrore i run doom again today

Sounds like a low disk space problem to me. Many programs require a certain amount of diskspace to use as virtual memory (no matter how much real memory you have). You should make sure you have at least 400-500 MB free space.

And it would help perfomance fixing the size of the swap. Make it big as Sthprz says, but keep it static under System Properties. The dynamic "on demand" swap chugs computer a lot.

I did that and for some odd reason MilkShape 3D stopped working... it works now that I let windoze manage the swapfile.

Speaking about capacity, it's pretty certain that Doom 3 will come on DVD except for CD. This is another blow in the face of people with 'older' PC's : you'll have just spent 400$ or something on your GeForce3 and they discover your 50x CD-ROM drive won't be able to read the DVD... ouch.

I think DVD-ROMS are pretty much dead in the PC gaming scene. Back when they were released, I had the feeling they won´t be so succesfull as CD´s, guess I was right...

What´s the difference anyway? If Baldur´s Gate II comes in 7 CDs, why would id choose a DVD?
Besides, this is a FPS. Baldur was so huge because they used prerendered backgrounds everywhere. It was an array of 800x600 24 bit wallpapers (merged with some masks) that created the world.

Even if id want´s to add 20 minutes of animations like in Diablo2, it´s just another CD...

Lord FlatHead said:

Speaking about capacity, it's pretty certain that Doom 3 will come on DVD except for CD. This is another blow in the face of people with 'older' PC's : you'll have just spent 400$ or something on your GeForce3 and they discover your 50x CD-ROM drive won't be able to read the DVD... ouch.

Unlike Zaldron I feel that games will start coming on DVD... eventually. Let's not forget that Doom came on a buncha diskettes too. Give it a few more years and DVDs will be everywhere. Shit, some places are already handing them out for free like CD-Roms... =)

Guest d-clone

Sounds like your esl class is a bit behind

deadnail said:

Unlike Zaldron I feel that games will start coming on DVD... eventually. Let's not forget that Doom came on a buncha diskettes too. Give it a few more years and DVDs will be everywhere. Shit, some places are already handing them out for free like CD-Roms... =)

Thanks to 3D games, the DVD unlimited storage supply isn´t that important. Remember interactive video games, they were the flagship of CD´s (Journeyman Project springs to my mind). Now they don´t exist. Even Black Isle, the crazy CD printer factory have passed to 3D, so I guess TORN won´t take so many CDs.

If they´re gonna fill up the DVD, fine by me. Now, if they´re stucking 400 MB games into DVDs, then they can go to Hell...

Espi said:

I did that and for some odd reason MilkShape 3D stopped working... it works now that I let windoze manage the swapfile.

Some programs just don't like static swap files. Personally, I think this is a bug. You should email the author of the program and tell him about it. It's probably easy to fix.