Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ReaperMan

Storyline Must-Haves

Guest ReaperMan

There are two things that have to be in Doom 3's story to make it truly complete:

1.) Something major with UAC. It was all over doors and crates in Doom 1. In Half-Life, Black Mesa was a major part of the story, and it was just the place that you were fighting in.

2.) Somehow link a part of it to the Quake 2 story. If you listen in the beginning video in Q2, it says something about losing contact with the Mars base *hint-hint*.

Though it is not really story-connected, big battles between Marines and Monsters(or Monsters and Monsters!) would have to be in there too. Scripted or dynamic, I would love to see 7 Marines on a group of Dead-Marines and Bulldog Demons.

1.) I think it's pretty safe to say the Doom 3 plot will be based around UAC. Jim Dose has said they're going for an 'interesting storyline' and in February, id registered the domain www.ua-corp.com.

2.) This would be cool if done well, but I really don't see what the two have to do with eachother. Though because of your post I just went back and watched the Q2 intro movie again - so thanks :)

Guest JesusMk2

yup.....

Zaldron you are Spot ON.

Mr JesusMK2.

Will you do something else?
Or maybe we might have to dropkick you a
very high building, or be less Stupid.
(Like thats Possible)

Thats my rant over. Bu-Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Guest ReaperMan
Lord FlatHead said:

1.) I think it's pretty safe to say the Doom 3 plot will be based around UAC. Jim Dose has said they're going for an 'interesting storyline' and in February, id registered the domain www.ua-corp.com.

2.) This would be cool if done well, but I really don't see what the two have to do with eachother. Though because of your post I just went back and watched the Q2 intro movie again - so thanks :)

Yeah, I've been to the UA-Corp. once or twice to see if they've done anything. If you go to Edit - Select all, they put up a "hidden message"! Jesus, that's never going to die down...

Directly or not, I'm pretty sure they're going to have something in Doom 3 thats even remotely related to Q2. Hell, in the GeForce3 video, the clips of D3 it had with the Marine and Dead-Marine, their armor looked like the basic armor you wore in Q2.

Is it just me, or did the red demon-thing in that video look like the devil from the game Diablo?

You do realize that the hidden message on ua-corp is how the 'All your base' thing got spread to Doomworld, right?

Guest ReaperMan
ReaperMan said:

Yeah, I've been to the UA-Corp. once or twice to see if they've done anything. If you go to Edit - Select all, they put up a "hidden message"! Jesus, that's never going to die down...

Directly or not, I'm pretty sure they're going to have something in Doom 3 thats even remotely related to Q2. Hell, in the GeForce3 video, the clips of D3 it had with the Marine and Dead-Marine, their armor looked like the basic armor you wore in Q2.

Is it just me, or did the red demon-thing in that video look like the devil from the game Diablo?

Well I'm not saying that you didn't know about it. I thought that it started in a forum with someone posting the original opening animated .GIF, and then all the posts where people made the photoshopped images came after that. Oh well.