Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SoKatH

not doom, but rammstein

Yeah, so as of today the new rammstein album came out in North America. Man, I skipped class to get it, then realized I didn't have a CD player, so I jacked my friend's and honestly, I nearly creamed myself. It's that fucking good! And I swore to myself that I wouldn't listen to any of the new stuff before the album came out, and here it is. It's fucking amazing. They've reinvented themselves and it's nothing but improvement. If you liked their old stuff, you'll love this. My fucking God, I'm ranting on like a little school-girl, and there's nothing about doom in this post. Ah fuck it. What are you waiting for, get your asses out there and buy Mutter. Just don't listen to it too loud, I already made that mistake.

S./

Let me tell you... that album is one of the least impressive albums I've heard in a long time. You would expect a band's musical and songwriting talent to get better with each album. This new one is hardly good enough to be anything more than an extension to Herzeleid. It's the same-old same-old, their song structures and styles are the same, chord progressions are repetitive and everything on here has practically been lifted off and modified from the first two albums. In fact, some of the guitar riffs are the exact same. I can't believe they're shoving this shit down our throats. They've totally played themselves out. Yeah it would be an OK album if I had never heard Herzeleid or Sehnsucht before, but I've heard Herzeleid and Sehnsucht. I was seriously hoping for something good, but in over 5 years of being together, they haven't improved a damn bit. How long did it take to make this album anyways, 2 years?

Forget Rammstein. I'm sticking with my Das Ich, Einsturzende Neubaten and Knorkator for now.

I totally agree, bands need to progress. I'm exceptionally happy with all of Dream Theater's studio stuff (their live recordings leave something to be desired). Have you heard the new Daft Punk? Now *that's* album progression! =)

deadnail said:

I totally agree, bands need to progress. I'm exceptionally happy with all of Dream Theater's studio stuff (their live recordings leave something to be desired). Have you heard the new Daft Punk? Now *that's* album progression! =)

I have SO no idea of what you´re talking about...

But then again, NOTHING compares in suckiness to the "things" people hear here... and I´m not talking of the 0,1% of freaks in the population, but the massive group.

God damn, music is so ugly that I never wanted to go dance... ever.

Well I've heard one of their songs... it was a piece of garbage called "Du Hast". The lyrics consisted of:

You.
You Hate.
You Hate Me.

How original! My dog can write better music than that

Guest TheCyanideX

Rammstien...... bah... Back in my days, all we ever needed was Nirvana and The Misfits to listen to. I'm guessing you're the average 15 year old male in high school, who gets a jolt out of a few chords being played over again, at low but fast tempo.

Words of wisdom: At age 15 you're entitled to feel angst and listen to loud and noisy bands. By age 18, you're entitled to feel angry and rebellious, and maybe listen to angry bands. By age 21, you're entitled to feel bitter and anger, and everything sucks and all that seems to be good to your ears are bands like Matchbox 20 and Creed (or if you're like me Fatboy Slim and Moby). By age 24, well, everything just fucking sucks because you start to realize you won't be a rockstar and you have to work your ass off everyday.... lol....

Psyonisis said:

Well I've heard one of their songs... it was a piece of garbage called "Du Hast". The lyrics consisted of:

You.
You Hate.
You Hate Me.

You People need to listen to better music.

LONG LIVE ACDC!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm Back, Yeah I'm back, back in black, back in blaaaaaaack, yeah yeah yeah yeaheeyea I'm back in black......

Go me!!!

Psyonisis said:

You.
You Hate.
You Hate Me.

Wrong, it isn´t "you hate me". It´s like some sort of play on words (not very sophisticated though).

"Du hasst mich" (2 s)= you hate me
"Du hast mich..." = you got me...

"Du hasst" and "Du hast" sounds the same, but they are actually singing "you got me... [blablabla]..."

I like the "Sonne" song, but haven´t heard the other new songs yet.

Rammstein ? No !

Machine Head....Arch Enemy....Clawfinger....Slipknot
System of a Down.........

...wuaaa. In two month, Festival-time starts in Germany (!!!)

Tetzlaff said:

Wrong, it isn´t "you hate me". It´s like some sort of play on words (not very sophisticated though).

"Du hasst mich" (2 s)= you hate me
"Du hast mich..." = you got me...

"Du hasst" and "Du hast" sounds the same, but they are actually singing "you got me... [blablabla]..."

I like the "Sonne" song, but haven´t heard the other new songs yet.

Actually, it's not that either.

German rearranged sentence structures, so what you get from a direct translation of "Du Hast Mich" is "You Have Me". So the full line "Du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt." comes out to be "You have me asked, and I have not said.", which is basically "You've asked me, but I haven't told you." Then you're probably wondering what that person asked him, and the chorus goes "Willst du bist der tod euch scheide, treu ihr sein für alle tage?", and that asks "will you until the death thou part, be true for all days?" which says "will you be true to eachother until death does you in?". Then he answers NO!

WHAT A SONG!

I think it's funny to listen to though. I liked Alter Mann off that album. The duet version with the Engel chick is OK too.

THANK YOU! For saying what I was going to say. I get tired of telling people what the real thing is, after they simply just buy into what the fucking media has told them.

You wanna read something funny, check this out.

http://www.jleeman.20m.com/holocaust.html

The guy who wrote this is a fucking idiot...

Cheers.

S./

TheCyanideX said:

Rammstien...... bah... Back in my days, all we ever needed was Nirvana and The Misfits to listen to. I'm guessing you're the average 15 year old male in high school, who gets a jolt out of a few chords being played over again, at low but fast tempo.

Words of wisdom: At age 15 you're entitled to feel angst and listen to loud and noisy bands. By age 18, you're entitled to feel angry and rebellious, and maybe listen to angry bands. By age 21, you're entitled to feel bitter and anger, and everything sucks and all that seems to be good to your ears are bands like Matchbox 20 and Creed (or if you're like me Fatboy Slim and Moby). By age 24, well, everything just fucking sucks because you start to realize you won't be a rockstar and you have to work your ass off everyday.... lol....

Yes, you'd think that wouldn't you, except I'm 17 and I've been listening to rammstein for a long time. For a helluva longer time than before the shitty single Du Hast was released in North America (for the record, I HATE that song). So I'm not just one of those pathetic idiots buying into the current angsty music scene because it's angsty. I honestly think that rammstein is good music. And to add to that, they're their own band. Not just some manufactured piece of "angry" shit, thrown together because it's trendy and lucrative to be angsty. *cough*korn*cough* These days there are far too many people buying into the fact that it's cool to be angry in your music, and there are too many bored little suburban white-kids, who are buying into it too, because it makes them "cool". Except it doesn't, because people who like Slipknot and Korn aren't cool, if you noticed, they're just as shunned as the nerds.

Whatever, I believe that rammstein, first of all, is good and hard; and second that they are all their own, and its nice these days to be able to hear a hard band that actually is saying their own thing because they want to, and not because it's cool to.

Blah

S./

Lüt said:

I agree with you, in theory... Bands should change, but I think in rammstein's case they are able to carry off not making a complete makeover but just adding some new shit (like they have done). They've added a bit more keyboard and a fair amount of orchestral shit. And I think, personally, that this does them a world of good. So what if the riffs are the same, yeah I noticed that in Mein Herz Brennt there's a synthed-violin riff that's 90% similar to the one in Engel, and there's some other shit, but so what, even after owning Herzeleid and Sehnsucht and many of their singles, I think it sounds great. Mheh.

S./

(hahah, good old Das Ich; but Neuebaten? what is that stuff, I've never been able to figure it out, it's like folky industrial, creepy ass-shit)

Lüt said:

Actually, it's not that either.

German rearranged sentence structures, so what you get from a direct translation of "Du Hast Mich" is "You Have Me". So the full line "Du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt." comes out to be "You have me asked, and I have not said.", which is basically "You've asked me, but I haven't told you." Then you're probably wondering what that person asked him, and the chorus goes "Willst du bist der tod euch scheide, treu ihr sein für alle tage?", and that asks "will you until the death thou part, be true for all days?" which says "will you be true to eachother until death does you in?". Then he answers NO!

WHAT A SONG!

I think it's funny to listen to though. I liked Alter Mann off that album. The duet version with the Engel chick is OK too.

I didn´t know the text, I just remembered that it was "Du hast mich..." and then something else. Don´t wanted to direct translate german sentence structures, but I thought "du hast mich" is in english "you got me" - or "you have got me"?? But "Du hast mich gefragt" is of course another case, like you said. The play on words continues...
BTW "nichts" doesn´t mean "not", it means "nothing", so it´s like "You´ve asked me, but i haven´t answered".

Guest Point
fodders said:

Talk about good music? This guy owns it all http://www.andywilliams.com/

Let us not forget what "change" did to Metallica.*shudders*
My favorite song by Rammstein is "Das Modell." I agree that there may be better representations of industrio-techno-metal out there. It is just that Rammstein easily fills that void because it is somewhat mainstream.

Haha, you had to skip out of school...I'm on spring break.
Anyways, it's good to know they have a new album out...I was wondering when I could hear some new stuff from them. You know, each time I listen to Sensucht, I understand more, and in turn it helps me with my German.

Psyonisis said:

You.
You Hate.
You Hate Me.

You see what happens when you hire a crappy translator (or maybe they just looked in a German-English dictionary and copied it word-for-word. I don't know if it was the English version of the song that was on some copies of Sensucht or if it was the subtitled video MTV kept running, but one of those was translated wrong and confused everybody. <See the posts below>

Personally I liked the song Engel a lot better than Du Hast, and also the cover they did of Depeche Mode's (sp?) 'Stripped'. That song can be found on a Depeche Mode tribute album (I forget the name), and on a version of Sensucht.

SoKatH said:

http://www.jleeman.20m.com/holocaust.html

"Linderman in concert."

Hah!

Tetzlaff said:

BTW "nichts" doesn´t mean "not", it means "nothing", so it´s like "You´ve asked me, but i haven´t answered"

Oh yeah, I always got that one messed up in German. So did everybody else. We did it so much the teacher stopped caring and we never actually learned it the right way.

Point said:

Let us not forget what "change" did to Metallica.*shudders*
My favorite song by Rammstein is "Das Modell." I agree that there may be better representations of industrio-techno-metal out there. It is just that Rammstein easily fills that void because it is somewhat mainstream.

METALLICA RULES. i dont care if you talk about the new stuff or the old stuff, it rules. load is my all-time favortie album, then theres brave new world by iron maiden, paranoid by sabbath, rubber soul by the beatles, ozzmosis and diary of a madman by ozzy, you have to be a music lover to liek new metallica. they still rule