Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kain

rocket launcher

ok, when a guy get's hit by a rocket, their body is supposed to fly back. but no. If i shoot a rocket at someone, they just stand in the exact same place where they where b4!! in a game i mean. doom did it pretty good but the monsters didnt fly backwords untill they where dead. This is fun! also the pushing monster concept. I want to press the p button and the monster falls over(my hands make a pushing motion( zombies (dead sargents)). if i am running, i can hold down the p button and he will ram into something a little bit bigger than him but not too big. Also i dont want it to waste my fucking time with cut sceans like little movie in between levels. kinda like halflife. The biginning of that just pissed me off!!!

I loved the intro of Half-Life. It made the game more serious by giving you some experience with the world before it gets fucked up. I hope something like that´s present on D3.

About the RL, I think there´s no problem to do it right with today´s tech. Heck, with the tech of 6 years ago it could be done. The GeForce3 will make the rendering issue to eat just 10% of the CPU. There´s plenty of space to make cunning AI and physics. Now that they can make more efficient results on, for example, path finding, those enemies stuck in the corner is a thing from the past.

Pushing shouldn´t be done with a key. Running and crashing against a smaller enemy would knock him. Running at top speed against a chair would make you fall like a moron.

Guest PFCRon

Hell, in Hexen 2 you could push the enemies just by walking up to them. The dead bodies can even prevent you from moving effectively in a tight space; all the more reason to chop the carcass up into even smaller pieces! I'd love to see that in DOOM 3

The pushing is a good idea.

That is -- until you come up against something bigger than a sarge or an imp. Think about it...those pink demons and mancubi would be PUSHING YOU OVER. And there's Mr. Cyberdemon 20+ ft tall...Hrmm...

/me pushes "P" to push the cyberdemon

::Mr. Cyberdemon stains the floor a nice cherry color with my guts::

Any questions?

Yep, there needs to be some way that you can push things aside - on this same token, you also need to be able to not only jump but climb as well, so that you dont have to jump ten feet high just to scale a low wall (jump 2-3 feet only, but any surfaces that extend for another 5 feet up you could latch onto). This would also allow you to do a flying jump and grab the edge of a cliff.

Although I think pushing should definatly be subject tho the physical power of the pusher and the mass&size of the pushee. Ie, you could plow through zombies and imps, knock down demons (if you're lucky), but not in any way batter a baron armound any more than tilting him to one side or another (actually, this should provoke a super-vicious claw pounding). And it should actually hurt you if you try to play football with a cybie or other massive creatures.

Did I mention I think if you run full speed at a wall it sohuld hurt you in some way.

Rockets won't knock a human sized target backwards, it will knock them in all directions at once, ie, it will gibbify or splatter you (even if in extremely tough armor it will kill you instantly, but knock you backwards nonetheless - because it would be like the shock of falling a great distance [10-20 stories] to the ground).

But I do see your point about rocket-like weapons having a battering effect. Sorta like how berserkers in Q2 would get their feet knocked out from under them when you blew something up near em'.