Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Windowpain

Diemos

Whatever happened to the lost Diemos base? I mean, the last you ever see of Mars' smaller moon is when it's hanging over Hell. Does it ever return to its normal orbit, or is it still floating above Hell? This might be a cool mission, Doomguy has to get back to Diemos and somehow return it to Mars. Or maybe he has to retrieve some vital information that is still in the base. Keep in mind that the DooM novels have no impact upon the true DooM story.

NASA just sent rocket, odessy to mars perhaps we shall find out.....no .....hang on...it's not real! :)

What´s "Diemos"?? Some cheap imitation of "Deimos"??

You´ve been playing DooM or MooD? :)

BTW, Deimos was still on orbit. It didn´t change it´s course. The Hell Gate was directly on Mars.
If DooM3 happens after the DooM1/2 events, wich I highly doubt, then it would be a must to revisit the old lunar outposts. I don´t expect them to be anything like the old versions, architecture in games advanced enough for that to look really ugly.

fodders said:

NASA just sent rocket, odessy to mars perhaps we shall find out.....no .....hang on...it's not real! :)

Anyone watch the launch? That view from the rocket as it was going up was amazing!

Zaldron said:

What´s "Diemos"?? Some cheap imitation of "Deimos"??

You´ve been playing DooM or MooD? :)

BTW, Deimos was still on orbit. It didn´t change it´s course. The Hell Gate was directly on Mars.
If DooM3 happens after the DooM1/2 events, wich I highly doubt, then it would be a must to revisit the old lunar outposts. I don´t expect them to be anything like the old versions, architecture in games advanced enough for that to look really ugly.

Why not When he returns to Deimos he has to kill the meanest,biggest demon ever seen in a game!!!Which is around 20 times as a Cyber Demon.It whould be really cool if they where nukes in a hidden base and then blast it to death(hehe).well that will never happen anyway.

That would be pretty much like the "Hydra-plant-thing-whatever" monster of Half-Life, a big boss that requires scripted sequences to die.
I´ll prefer a smaller creature, but powered with a very advanced AI, and filled up with scripts regarding the level & interactions. But if id´s planning a massive creature, I´ll prefer a combination of scripted sequences AND offensive. Hurting him enough to make it retreat, and then detonating the nukes or something like that...

Guest HeadLesS
fodders said:

Yep, altho if camera had been pointed the other way, it would have been damn boring :)

There was no gate on Mars, it was just on Phobos ya wankers! They lost contact with Phobos and decided to head up; the Phobos gate led to Deimos, Deimos is floating over Hell, blah blah blah

Guest JesusMk2
Zaldron said:

That would be pretty much like the "Hydra-plant-thing-whatever" monster of Half-Life, a big boss that requires scripted sequences to die.
I´ll prefer a smaller creature, but powered with a very advanced AI, and filled up with scripts regarding the level & interactions. But if id´s planning a massive creature, I´ll prefer a combination of scripted sequences AND offensive. Hurting him enough to make it retreat, and then detonating the nukes or something like that...

Small monster with advanced AI? Sounds good, but I would like a range of boss monsters. For Me the ideal one to fight would have to be one hell of a large twisted cybermonster that walks kinda like one of those walkers outta Star Wars. Even better a demon that crafted it-self to one of the militarys AI war machines. The fight could take place in a weapons storage silo!
(oops typo :( )

I dunno just an idea.....

_________________ ___ __ _ _

Zaldron said:

BTW, Deimos was still on orbit. It didn´t change it´s course.

Okay, so what does "Deimos simply vanished from the sky" and " Deimos floats over hell itself" mean?

Means that the space warp that leads to Hell (wich is directly replacing Mars space) is affecting Deimons location, wich now stands in the very border of the portal (Shores of Hell). As soon as you destroy the portal, Deimons should get back to Mars orbit inmediatly (altough it didn´t moved from there, the space was the one replaced).