Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blasphemous

Doom Bible for Doom 3 Story/Concepts

Guest Blasphemous

For those of you who've read the Doom Bible in the 5 years of Doom section, why not use that for somewhat of a starter for the Doom 3 story and/or game concept? For those of you who don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, the Doom Bible was written in 1992 by Tom Hall(Now of Apogee/3d Realms). The Doom Bible contains all of the original ideas for Doom, including 6 episodes, multiple characters, and even cutscenes. Now with a totally new 3d-engine, this would sound pretty sweet.

Tom Hall left Apogee like 6 years ago, he´s at ION making Anachronox.

Anyway, I think the DooM Bible is too cheesy for a game to be released in 2002.

Guest Dream Destroyer

The "DooM" as outlined in the doom bible is a Aliens clone. I don't want that. Doom evolved into so much more.

I don't know man, things like score keeping, collecting treasure for points, shotguns using bullets, having 'lives' like a platform game and of course utilizing dismembered enemy parts as weapons would surely have made the game better!

*snicker*

Guest PFCRon
Zaldron said:

Tom Hall left Apogee like 6 years ago, he´s at ION making Anachronox.

Anyway, I think the DooM Bible is too cheesy for a game to be released in 2002.

Do you have any POSITIVE replies to anything on this whole damn site??????? And I've only seen you put like 1, maybe 2 new posts that you started, but that's it.

Yes, I have positive replies, they´re pretty much directed to the ideas that I like (curious, huh? :P)

About posting. There´s nothing about DooM 3 that is left to discuss, and I´m not in the mood for creating rants&raves. There´s plenty of people around here for that.

Besides, what´s so damn important about my "positiveness" rate?

PFCRon said:

Do you have any POSITIVE replies to anything on this whole damn site??????? And I've only seen you put like 1, maybe 2 new posts that you started, but that's it.

Hey don't dis him for not creating any new threads. I think when it comes to total posts, he beats us all down into the ground. I have found several of his posts positive, if not enlightening.