Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

Handsome Caco

I guess Good old Mr. Caco will show up in Doom 3 again. So here's a little guestion... What would you change about the looks of the cacodemon, if you wanted to change it at all? Cause I allways had to laugh about that b*tch.. I'd like to change the colors, cause I think they're gay.

Guest HWGuy

Nothing at all. Absolutely nothing. Caco is perfect as he is.

In fact, I think that if the game is 3d modeled, Caco should be a 2d sprite like in doom 2. :D

Actually, I never understood exactly the Caco was supposed to be... a big floating red fluffy thing that shoots fireballs out of it's mouth? honestly.

I think they should make the caco basically the same, except with arms. I always felt sorry for them not being able to effectivly feast on thier latest kills.

The big floating bag of lightning should be made a lot stronger and more dangerous, capable of short range dashes and bites... good strafing abilities... and of course, some different ways of shocking you.

The classic ball lighting can stay with some spiffy gfx.
A quick blast of curving lightning (no shambler or q3a lightning).
A ripping blast of stun-gun like lightning from all around it (if you get too close).

You should also see some of them hovering around a kill... ripping it to pieces and swallowing humongous chunks of flesh.

I think the Caco should stay the way it is. As for the lightning, you should see lightning arcing out of its eye and glowing like a field around its body. It should have a refined biting attack as well, such as it charges you, takes a hunk outta you, and then fires a round of lightning at you.
Perhaps it could disrupt your electricity-based weapons? It DOES spit lightning you know. Imagine you're in a decrepit base full of Cacoes. You should hear the ozone popping because of all the high-voltage electricty surrounding them.

Guest Point
HWGuy said:

Nothing at all. Absolutely nothing. Caco is perfect as he is.

In fact, I think that if the game is 3d modeled, Caco should be a 2d sprite like in doom 2. :D

Actually, I never understood exactly the Caco was supposed to be... a big floating red fluffy thing that shoots fireballs out of it's mouth? honestly.

They should have an animation to denote their flight. Maybe they have some sort of air intake and exhaust? It'd be cool to see them change size when expelling gas.

Tone down the brightness of the colors (a given), and add more expression to it's face. The speed should be slightly enhanced, or it's body should show the effects of it's ability to defy gravity. It should stay more towards the ceiling to avoid direct contact with it's prey, using the bite only if all else fails or if it's trying to eat you. Using it's electric bursts (the blue fireball) should leave it slightly weaker until it's body can regenerate the energy. I assume that the scraps underneath it's body are strips of flesh, and it would be nice to see them being less static, have things caught up in them, or maybe give it a nest-like function so it can carry smaller Cacodemons.
Just a thought.

I can´t imagine them in the new DooM engine. Looks wrong, somehow... it´s like trying to imagine Commander Keen walking trough those dark hyper-realistic corridors...

Too cartoonish. If they´re going to make a flying/floating thing that attacks with lighting-based bolts, then they should completely remodel it. Imagine a caco with darker skin, resembling scales and not glued tomatoes :D

Add a couple of really long tentacles, that adapt to the room they´re floating around. They should be able to grab you with this tentacles, and even block your way out. Little electric discharges should leave from the end of their tentacles to the surrounding walls.

I think the Caco is alright how it is, though it could stand to be a little darker in color. I think if it bites you, an electric charge running through it's teeth should send you flying. maybe if you kill it, all of the charged up energy could go flying everywhere after it dies, and if the corpse hits water, you would take extreme damage. OUCH

I would make him look tougher, because I felt he was unrealisticially tough for the way he looked (looked like 2-3 shotgunblasts would take him out and it took 2x that)

I would make his shots go faster and be harder to dodge, ie, they would be harder to avoid because of a large cross-sectional area (the difference between a basketball and a baseball). The shots should look more like lightning too, I would even suggest resorting to a specialized particle system for it.

I want it too look more spiritual in nature, sorta how the PE was in doom64. It should be black/greenish rather than red - like a huge slime monster almost.

Black teeth and horns, the previous teeth and horns look like metal.

Ooh! In addition to my other stuff below, I think that it should be difficult to fight the Cacodemon on a technical level.
An electromagnetic field emanating from it's body sould render some of your stuff inop as long as you are near it. (Automap, Motion Sensor (there should be one!) Plasma Rife, BFG, etc.)