Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zaldron

The VC++ screenshot.

The first thing you should note, he´s programming under Windows NT, as expressed in the compilation status windows.

Another thing to mention is the SCRIPTING ON LEVELS that can be found as the comment of a var on the context windows.

Take a look at one of the libraries : "IKtail.h" That *COULD* stand for "inverse kinematics tail". That´s a properly boned-tail that reacts to physics in order to swing, balance and inertia perfectly. Besides, this is Jim Dosé´s stuff, the one in charge of making the animation system.

OK, anyone notices anything else? Programmers?

BTW : FlatHead, those pics are NOT DooM3. They have no bumpmaps and use lightmaps.

UPDATE-----------------

Coming from Ritual, I don´t find strange to see people like Levelord on his list, while it´s interesting the presence of Rogue people. Anyone remembers McGee´s comment of wanting to make his next game using this engine?
Raven started Elite Force as id were making the engine, so I guess this could be happening again. As a programmer, Dosé´s probably a consultant.

UPDATE 2---------------

Take a look at the name of the level. DC3_02 :

DooM -> Chapter 3 - Level 2?
DooM -> "level 3" - Part 2?

I´m leaning towards the last one. With that massive amount of detail, levels splitted into several parts makes sense.

Two questions :

1) How can you see, with the naked eye, in a still shot, that there aren't any bumpmaps ?

2) If they're from Unreal 2 or whatever, what are they doing in the Doom3 folder ?

1) The bumpmaps ARE supposed to be seen with the naked eye. Take a look at the floor in the pic with the gothic architecture, the one with the 2 red lamps, the light casted on the ground makes to floor look painfully flat, wich should look all rough and sprinked with dark dots. I can see the lack of them on almost every other surface. Replay the ASF and see the differences...

2) Anyone can make a DooM3 folder and throw in whatever he wants. Mail someone at id, I´m 100% sure that those are NOT pics from DooM3.

Now i am wondering, why did they make a contest on a site then? It was about "what game is this" and doom 3 was 1 of the options.

Allright maybe there are no bumbmaps, so? Just set some part of engine "off". No need to compile everything of the engine all over again if you arent working on that part.

Why do they place it in a doom 3 dir? And why should someone make all fakies? It takes hell of a job to make all those fake screenshots.

He even made a program for it, and codes at the background? Even some guy of id at his contact list, ( while i know the one on the icq list wont accept all people to be on their list). Yes, HOW does he get all those people on his icq list?!

And about scripts, its the future. It was used in the past alot, now its coming again. Scripts for positions, coordinates and everything. Its just awesome to edit it all in a easy and quick way.

I think they are more like leaked then anything else lol.

Nobody's questioning the Visual C++ shot. It is real for sure.
I guess the other shots could be from Unreal II or something - we'll see what id has to say about it.

Lord FlatHead said:

Two questions :

1) How can you see, with the naked eye, in a still shot, that there aren't any bumpmaps ?

2) If they're from Unreal 2 or whatever, what are they doing in the Doom3 folder ?

They just look way too cheap for Doom3 ;)

It looks like Q3A curved surfaces with UT lighting.

BTW... Anyone noticed the ICQ-list on the right? I added half of that list.. LOL (well, I have to request first)

/Me imagines myself chatting with JohnCarmack and Jim Dose... !!
Looks fun to me. :)
Although I know for sure they won't let any doom3-info out. (Damn..)

Guest ikki
Lord FlatHead said:

Nobody's questioning the Visual C++ shot. It is real for sure.
I guess the other shots could be from Unreal II or something - we'll see what id has to say about it.

g-sus

there is only one thing that we can do.............................WAIT

Lord FlatHead said:

Two questions :

Everybody: I've seen those pics like months ago... and I'm sure many other people have. I think some of them were part of a contest to guess which engine they came from. The other ones were released months ago showing the current advanced engine, and saying how d3 will look even better.

AIRmichael said:

Now i am wondering, why did they make a contest on a site then? It was about "what game is this" and doom 3 was 1 of the options.

Allright maybe there are no bumbmaps, so? Just set some part of engine "off". No need to compile everything of the engine all over again if you arent working on that part.

Why do they place it in a doom 3 dir? And why should someone make all fakies? It takes hell of a job to make all those fake screenshots.

He even made a program for it, and codes at the background? Even some guy of id at his contact list, ( while i know the one on the icq list wont accept all people to be on their list). Yes, HOW does he get all those people on his icq list?!

And about scripts, its the future. It was used in the past alot, now its coming again. Scripts for positions, coordinates and everything. Its just awesome to edit it all in a easy and quick way.

I think they are more like leaked then anything else lol.

The VC++ screenshot is real. There´s no doubt, Apache from VE received it from him.

I have no problems with scripts, they rule.

Do you think id would even consider releasing a sshot with a major feature turned off?

Well, just two things I noticed.

The first is that I'm happy to see the new code will be in C++, like they said. Things seem encapsulated into nice, neat objects. I can almost understand what some of this does, and I know almost nothing about programming!

The second is really a comment-- what sort of system do they have where they can run Doom3 AND Outlook at the same time?! I suppose Outlook just sort of swaps to the harddrive, or whatever it does, but still, it looks increadible to see them side-by-side.

Couple other things-- I thought that they'd be using Win2000 instead of NT? Does Win2000 run from the NT directory? I don't have either one, but I just thought I heard somewhere that NT wasn't being used anymore by id.

They're still using the old doom logo as an icon for the app window. A bit of nostalgia?

Guest ZombiZ

Okay, just what is the gaming community (It's a Saturday before noon, if that's not spelled right well you can jus... oh, skip it..) as a whole coming to? Are we going to jump up with and shout with glee when screen grabs of code come down the pipe? It's simply too easy to fake code. And this tells nothing about "how far along the engine is". So now, all I have to do to whip the people into a frenzied mob is show a screen grab of some code with a few keywords that look familiar, a few classes, global variables, and functions bearing familiar names like "mlook" or "nocollision", and you guys 'll eat out of my hand? Just a little "suggestive" code as described above, a little clever file naming (hell, would it even have to be 'clever'?) and the shot would be posted worldwide and I'd get my 15 nanosecs (We're talking about the web here, 15 min. would really be something...)?

Don't get me started on the "Doom" window itself, even my old high school still has evaluation copies of Photoshop.

Okay, I'm calmer now. So what if it is real, is it really something to get all worked up over- code!?