Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Submerge

Arch-Vile and Demon changes?

Two mosters I would really like to know if they are to be changed or not: The Arch-Vile, and the Pepto-Bismol Demon.

Demon: I don't think it should get any hair, or have it's color changed any. It is scary enough as is. I was terrified of being ripped to pieces by one in my dreams. Besides, what could be scarier that a big, pink, naked thing running up out of the darkness to do who knows what to you?

Arch-Vile: Great monster, annoying attack. I think that Archie's attack should be changed. that column of flame is just too powerful and annoying to be used often. Oh, it could be one of his attacks, just a rare one, or one he uses when he is wounded.
I think that the Arch-Vile should shoot a long stream of small fireballs at you that follow you until they burn out, flowing in a coordinated chain. Also, a quick way to kill one: knock it in water! Douse it's flame!

the pepto bismal demon, lol...good one. you are right about one thing, the arch vile's attack can be a bit much sometimes...

Pepto Demon: Lunges, jumps, roars, growls, climbs, stampedes and basically rips through ANYTHING to get a piece of your armored ass. It could have a TON of animations to do basically the same thing, charge and eat.

Annoyingly Vile: Should start fires wherever it walks, and have a good sized set of flame-based attacks.. only resorting to the telekenetic shove when weakened. Pillars of flame that torch out of the ground where you stand would be one helluva way to start out the fight. =)

It would nice to see the Arch-Vile summon a ring of fire all around you, with tall flames that really frightens you and make serious damage. That way he´s able to trap you, you can´t see him, and ready to be shot/bite/stab/whatever...

Guest Oberiko

Well, I'd make the demon more like the one from Quake 1. As mentioned above, it would leap and have more abilities then just "gnash", though that would still be the main one.

The Arch-vile was a bit much. I would give a much larger flame pillar, but have it cast on a stationary piece of ground (not following you) and have the ground change (glowing symbols etc.) before the flame erupts.

These ideas are neat, I wouldn't have thought of them....

Do you know where all of the gum you swallow goes?
It goes to Hell, and is mushed together to make one of those pink demons.

Gee, you've answered your own post....What a novel idea...
Other than this, I think that these ideas of yours are quite original.
I think that the Big Pink BullDog Demon should have 4 different attacks:
1. Gnash
2. Head-Butt
3. Jump-and-Gnash
4. Some sort of kicking attack. Not a round-house or anything like that, just some sort of powerful kicking attack.
Those legs look like they could do a lot of damage.
Arch-Vile-The flame-column thing doesn't have to go, it just needs to be a little less powerful. It's a little irritating when you're at full 100% and he blasts you and suddenly you're down to 45%. Plain irritating.
He should a flame-thrower-like attack wherein he his hands ignite and he blasts you with flame.