Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kain

not doom3 related( must know vb6)

help. i want to know how to make a particle explosion in vb6 or how to do anything with particles.

Don't want to sound like the annoying little jerk I am, but GET THE HELL OUTTA THIS FORUM ! We're having enough trouble keeping the Doom 3 topic alive already.

Lord FlatHead said:

Don't want to sound like the annoying little jerk I am, but GET THE HELL OUTTA THIS FORUM ! We're having enough trouble keeping the Doom 3 topic alive already.

ok, um... i ownly posted here to get a faster responce time you buttpackers!! o yah, and my spud gun works!!! sucessfuly sent an apple higher than the clouds!

Tsk tsk, you screwed up the very first line in the FAQ.

You can still save face, though, before everyone else takes turns insulting you. Just delete this post and put it in the editing forum instead.

I would help you, but I know about as much about programming as I do gastrointestinal surgery.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DOOM3!!!

BUT, however, I´ll reply so you don´t make any crap like spamming or double-posting.

FIRST, if the application works on 2D, you´ll have to make a cosine table. If you´re not going to use any API like DDraw or D3D, that´s it. The cosine table is just a matrix with the stored results for a wide range of angles, it´s used because it´s faster than making cos(whatever) or sin(whatever) all the time.

Why do you need this? Because if you´re going to simulate 3D movement of the particles, you need to work with vectors under Newtonian Laws. Since there are just 2 dimensions for you to work, you have to decompose the vectors into it´s components (duh). This is where sin and cos kicks in.

Now, start with a point, and make random vectors out of the it. The 2 angles can be pulled out random, while the module should be fixed or you´ll get different speeds of the particles. (Make a range and it wouldn´t look so bad). Learn how to convert complex numbers from rectangular to polar forms, because you´ll need them for several calculations. Make sure you´ve stored the stuff on a matrix to keep record of the particle positions through time.

Make a loop, and let them fly. You´ll get the "fountain" effect if you don´t refresh. Search for a free library a little faster than Windows Blt instructions, they´re lame.

I´m sure real programmers on this forum could give him nicer ways to make it on software modes. But he should just download a friggin example.

kain said:

help

I'll give you some fucking help... grrrrrrr

/me stabs kain with a bowie knife, holds his still alive corpse on the knife, and watches as he slides off the knife, outta the window, into the vicious;y painful vat of my newbie coffee 68 stories down

HOW DO YOU LIKE DEM APPLES !?!?!?!?!?!

MACVILEWHORE said:

I'll give you some fucking help... grrrrrrr

/me stabs kain with a bowie knife, holds his still alive corpse on the knife, and watches as he slides off the knife, outta the window, into the vicious;y painful vat of my newbie coffee 68 stories down

HOW DO YOU LIKE DEM APPLES !?!?!?!?!?!

You done?

Where's my coffee damnit? The good stuff. Geez.

kain said:

help. i want to know how to make a particle explosion in vb6 or how to do anything with particles.

SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FACE

Guest Clone999
MACVILEWHORE said:

stabs kain with a bowie knife, holds his still alive corpse on the knife, and watches as he slides off the knife, outta the window, into the vicious;y painful vat of my newbie coffee 68 stories down

You really need help. Lut has never made such a brilliant suggestion, by the way.
/me shoots kain with shotgun until bullets run out, then drop the bloody corpse out a window.

Guest Clone999
kain said:

ok, um... i ownly posted here to get a faster responce time you buttpackers!! o yah, and my spud gun works!!! sucessfuly sent an apple higher than the clouds!

Keep working at your gay little fucked-up projects, kain, and soon you will accomplish...NOTHING. Except a bullet in your crotch, if you even have one.