Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord FlatHead

Looky looky

http://www.doomworld.com/forums/general/messages/336.shtml

If you hadn't noticed already, this guy has HUGE scans of a few Doom posters. Check out the Ultimate Doom poster, lower left corner, then take a look at that monster in the Doom 3 movie...

Well. I took a look at that monster. But IMO that's not the same one as seen in the D3-movie. I freeze-framed that movie a couple of times when that monster appeared. I pasted some images into photoshop, and after a little study my conlusion is : It's a goddamn IMP. Just check out the spikes he has on his body. It's clearly an IMP.

But have you noticed how its legs are folded? Backwards, like a Hell Knight or a Baron of Hell. And some months ago, I don't rember which one of the first guys who saw the first images of the Doom 3 engine (American MacGee?) said something like "...the lights on the Baron oh Hell are amazing...".And it looks like it has horns on his head. The IMP doesn't have any horn on its head. So, maybe it could be a Baron or Knight of Hell?

Disorder said:

Well. I took a look at that monster. But IMO that's not the same one as seen in the D3-movie. I freeze-framed that movie a couple of times when that monster appeared. I pasted some images into photoshop, and after a little study my conlusion is : It's a goddamn IMP. Just check out the spikes he has on his body. It's clearly an IMP.

http://www.geocities.com/lordflathead/macworld4.jpg

An Imp ? Not bloody likely. The monster in the MacWorld movie has fairly large horns, while the Imp does not. I'd say it's a Baron of Hell, or possibly a Demon.

Well. He DOES have big horns. The shape of his face and the spikes remind me of an imp. The horns look like the horns of a baron of hell..... Dammit, you got me doubting here..

Feronth said:

But have you noticed how its legs are folded? Backwards, like a Hell Knight or a Baron of Hell. And some months ago, I don't rember which one of the first guys who saw the first images of the Doom 3 engine (American MacGee?) said something like "...the lights on the Baron oh Hell are amazing...".And it looks like it has horns on his head. The IMP doesn't have any horn on its head. So, maybe it could be a Baron or Knight of Hell?

hell,it could be a new demon for all we know.

Disorder said:

Well. He DOES have big horns. The shape of his face and the spikes remind me of an imp. The horns look like the horns of a baron of hell..... Dammit, you got me doubting here..

They're baron's.

Feronth said:

It came from one of the NiN members. I don´t know their names, Mack something (I think). Kenneth Scott showed him a "Baron of Hell" under the light that came from a stained glass.

Imps, Barons or Demons. Those are the only choices. It has the face of an Imp (when seen from side), the body of a Baron, and the general feel of a Demon. I´m leaned torwards a Demon.

Pink big-mouthed faces may not fully translate into a 3D engine like that.

That would be cool to have a mix of these 3 ennemies. But that demon on the video, don't you think he's too big to be a bull demon?

Well, if the bull demon´s based on biting, charging, and ripping people with their arms, he should be a lot bigger than the marine to fully scare you. An equal-sized enemy would feel kinda "critter" instead of "big SoB".

Zaldron said:

he should be a lot bigger than the marine to fully scare you.

Well. I thought the pigdemon was one of the scariest demons of doom. It's the way it comes running into you that scares me the most. And don't forget the terrifying sound they make...... I'm serious.

Disorder said:

Perchance it's an all-new demon. THERE'S a new idea.
Although it could be an Imp, Demon, OR Baron of Hell.

Guest Darxor
Disorder said:

Well. I thought the pigdemon was one of the scariest demons of doom. It's the way it comes running into you that scares me the most. And don't forget the terrifying sound they make...... I'm serious.

My god, who gives a flying fuck what kind of demon it is? I can't beleive you were able to sustain an argument that long about something so insignificant. Theres like 20 messages on what kind of demon it is? WHO CARES? Is it really that big of a deal?

Then don´t read it.

It´s one of the *FEW* "official" features of the new DooM, something a lot funnier than talking about hypothetical weapons, levels and/or features.

Guest cobainite67
nightmare imp said:

hell,it could be a new demon for all we know.

Well, whatever it is, that thing isn't likely to be in the final product anyway without going through major work-overs by id. That was probably a pre-pre-pre-beta phase COMBINING different elements of monsters to show off at the big mac expo. Carmack probably just whipped it up in notime. He is after all, a fraggin diety.

deadnail said:

I hope so. I'm glad to see the Barons go from cute to demonic.

Barons are cute?