Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord FlatHead

Damn.

For some reason Geocities (or someone else) totally fucked up my site's account yesterday, so you can't view my homepage at the moment. I don't know what the hell went wrong, if I can't fix it in the course of the day I'm going to find myself another host (any prepositions are welcome).

In the meantime, you can still get the article at:

http://www.geocities.com/insane_marines/zaldron.html

That's a shame, I suggest Homstead as a new host if you were looking for something else. The pagebulider is great.

Gah! Y'know I'm wondering... I posted a news article on newdoom.com that linked directly to Zaldron's article as well as the main page itself. I noticed Shacknews and a couple other places did the same thing. Could that have had something to do with it? If so, I sincerly apologize. I had no idea Geocities was so anal about such things.

Why would that be a problem ? Actually it's pretty weird what happened, my account still exists but all files are gone and I have zero bytes webspace, so effectively I can't upload anything anymore.

Well, I know that Geocities doesn't allow direct links to images and downloads so I thought (in retrospect) linking directly to the article *may* have been a problem. Something went phooey that's for sure.

Well a big "SCREW YOU" goes out to Geocities. It looks like I'm going to get hosted at Doomcenter.com - things should be up in a few days. In the meantime, you can still get Zaldron's article at www.geocities.com/insane_marines/zaldron.html .

Davidoom said:

That's a shame, I suggest Homstead as a new host if you were looking for something else. The pagebulider is great.

yup yup

Stphrz said:

Well, I know that Geocities doesn't allow direct links to images and downloads so I thought (in retrospect) linking directly to the article *may* have been a problem. Something went phooey that's for sure.

Baaaad Stphrz you caused it!

Lord FlatHead said:

Well a big "SCREW YOU" goes out to Geocities. It looks like I'm going to get hosted at Doomcenter.com - things should be up in a few days. In the meantime, you can still get Zaldron's article at www.geocities.com/insane_marines/zaldron.html .

Where i can get it? I mean download... I've been out for such a long time here...
Help anyone...

Lord FlatHead said:

Are you going to do another great history of Doom column again?!!?