Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Feronth

Doom 3 - interaction with team mates

Did anyone play Operation Flashpoint demo? I have, and God, I love it. It has such a realistic gameplay, unique ambiance, it's like if you actually were in a war or a watching a war movie (like "Saving private Ryan". This is exactly the way Doom 3 should be if it has a "team" aspect (say, the gameplay would include other marines fighting at your side). Of course, as a huge fan of realism in games, that's the way I'd like Doom 3 to be. Others will prefer the aspect of being alone.

Feronth said:

it's like if you actually were in a war or a watching a war movie

I had that feeling too.. Too bad the graphics are horrible.
Teaminteraction in Doom3? why not??? Well, not too much of course, it's doom you know.

Heh, yeah. The teaminteraction should be limited to communicate with the other marines via a radio, and call a medic (if he's still alive - just like in Flashpoint). And yeah, the graphics are not very beautiful and the game requires a big comp to run at an acceptable framerate. I hope it's only in the demo and the developpers will optimize that in the full version.

2 hulking oiled-up space marines......walking round holding hands? Nooooooooooo and even Eeeewwwww

Yeah, I agree that having other marines helping you out would be nice; however, they should only have a couple hit points so they can't help too much. This is Doom we're talking about here.