Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

Favorite demon...

What is your favorite Demon, and why?
I know this isn't really Doom3 related, but I just wanted to know your opinion...

Baron of Hell. Hellish, high rank, strong, missle attack and lots of HP.

Not the hardest enemy, but a very good one when used wisely...

Zaldron said:

Hell yeah, altohugh I wish they used a different sound for his melee hit - maybe a really loud "bang" as in like a battering punch or something. The claw sound wasnt appropriate for him (I never saw any claws, and I dont imagine him with any either).

Yeah, if he got you cornered about the only way out was a plasma rifle or the bfg. Bfg wasn't always the best way to kill him out in the open because you have to get really close to him to do more than a 1000 points of damage (bfg hit + spray attack is needed... he might jsut get a melee hit in on you before he dies).

=====

Best weapons to use against all doom enemies:

Troopers - Chaingun or Plasma Rifle.
Seargeants - <ditto>
Chaingun Seargeant - Chaingun (hehe, oddly enough it is really effective).
Imps - Shotgun or Rocket Launcher (if group of 5+), Berserk punch looks cool here.
Demon - SSG or Berserk Punch.
Spectre - <ditto>
Cacodemon - SSG or Rocket Laucnher (or chainsaw if you aren't flanked).
Pain Elemental - Chaingun or SSG (if you can do the hide&shoot process).
Lost Soul - Shotgun (close range), Chaingun, or Berserk Punch.
Hell Knight - SSG or BFG (if group of 3+).
Baron Of Hell - Rocket Launcher (if distant) or BFG (close range blast).
Spiderdemon - Rocket Launcher, BFG, or SSG.
Cyberdemon - Rocket Launcher or BFG, invulnerability sphere is your only defense at close range (like hallways).
Player - Plasma Rifle or BFG (he dodges rockets easily and is usually hard to hit with trace attacks).

Tetzlaff said:

The Archvile, because he is special.

Hmm... .. .... ...
Damn... Caco.. NO! .. YES! .. Caco-Hell... Barron of codemon! Ahh! ..... The damn Cacodemon! and the barron of hell.

And the Demon I hate the most is .. REVENANT!

Guest TheEternalVile
Tetzlaff said:

The Archvile, because he is special.

Arch-vile. totally arch-vile

Zaldron said:

Amen, brother.

Guest SSK123
Jeremy said:

Hmm... .. .... ...
Damn... Caco.. NO! .. YES! .. Caco-Hell... Barron of codemon! Ahh! ..... The damn Cacodemon! and the barron of hell.

And the Demon I hate the most is .. REVENANT!

Hehe... Icon Of Sin... Because the bastard's Body stretches out through the entire city...

Guest Epistax

either caco because hissy kicks total ass
or arachs because killing one with a double barrel shot gun at close range then hearing that beautiful death sound is the most satisfying thing you can do in the game.

sirgalahadwizar said:

This being my opinion of the matter:

Troopers - chaingun, shotgun, SSG.
Seargeants - same
Chaingun Seargeant - same, rockets from long distances
Imps - shotgun, SSG, chaingun if no shells.
Demon/Spectre - SSG, melee
Cacodemon - SSG, plasmagun, chainsaw, chaingun, for large groups rockets.
Pain Elemental - SSG from point blank range, it's spawns will fail if you're standing right next to it, chaingun and plasmagun for long range.
Lost Soul - SSG or if no shells chaingun.
Hell Knight - SSG, rockets for large groups.
Baron Of Hell - same.
Arch-vile - SSG if you can take cover, Plasma gun or BFG if you can't. Rockets from long range.
Arachnotron - palsma gun, SSG, rockets
Revenant - SSG, chaingun, chainsaw, rockets, plasmagun.
Mancubus - rockets, SSG, plasmagun.
Spiderdemon - Plasmagun or BFG.
Cyberdemon - SSG, Plasmagun or BFG, though many maps provide only enough rockets to kill it.

Yeah, most enemies you can use any weapon on them and it does the job pretty well.

It's just some guys it isnt smart to attack with certain weapons. The cybie takes way too long to kill with a shotgun or chaingun, the baron is pretty much a suicide mission with berserk punch or chainsaw, it's a waste of rockets to shoot a hell knight when you can just blow him away with the SSG.

Pain elemental, cacodemon, and revenants are pretty helpless if you can keep them in constant pain states - I love using the chaingun against revenants. Pain elementals and cacodemons are fun to rip in half with the chainsaw, but it kind hurts if they have companions. Revenants are easy to kill, but they own your ass in a closed in space (same with barons - get cornered and ur pretty much dead).

I try to use high fire-rate weapons against the archviles or something that can deliver lots of damage when I can hide - long range = your death. Arachnotrons are rediculously easy to kill, SSG hit an run tactics - hell, even a chaingun can grease them quickly (but it is fun to use their own weapon against them, esp when yours fires 2x as fast). I h8 mancubuses.

It's especially fun to hit imps with berserk or cut them with the chainsaw, I didn't like how in doom you can blow down a whole row of troopers with a SSG like it was some sort of railgun - they need to fix that crap. Plasma rifle is fun with troopers (sometimes it even gibs them - even seargeants sometimes).

SSK123 said:

Hehe... Icon Of Sin... Because the bastard's Body stretches out through the entire city...

I'll say the Arch-vile, he was one of a kind.