Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FeelTheRage

what video card does everyone have.

Guest FeelTheRage

I have an Xpert2000 with 32mb of ram. does a good job. plays split screen glegacy at 1024x768 with no prob.

Please, this is the "doom3-forum". It doesn't say "What video-card does everyone have-forum", does it?... Does it? well, does it you punk?

/me plugs newbie-ass with yellow duck.
*Screams...*

Asus something-thousand-something-hundred Geforce2 MX 32mb 4xagp

/me thinks disorder dislikes this thread because he doesn't have a vid card to speak of :P

Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS

(GeForce 2 GTS 32Mb)

One picece of advice for everybody: if you're gonna buy a Ge2 MX you might as well as get the GeForce 2 Ultra in another few months when prices drop.

Now I realize that the MX is affordable, but I don't think it's the best thing to buy a watered down version of the GeForce 2 GTS when the top of the line Ge2 Ultra will become more affordable in the not too distant future.

And for those people who have the GTS--all you have to do is rewire two certain resistors on your board and voila! you have a card that performs like the Ge2 Ultra. Gotta love it. =)

Guest Dark_Fox

For your average gamer I would suggest a voodoo 3 3500 or 3000, but if want some serious power get rid of that piece of crap card you have now and get a geforce 2.. You maybe able to run Glegacy at a decent Frame Rate with your card, but load up a far more graphical complex game and your in for a world of hurt..
I have a Voodoo 3 2000 pci in a socket 7 System..

Guest Dark_Fox
Disorder said:

Please, this is the "doom3-forum". It doesn't say "What video-card does everyone have-forum", does it?... Does it? well, does it you punk?

/me plugs newbie-ass with yellow duck.
*Screams...*

Thats MY job, my pimpin duck does not work for outside authorities.. But I can put you on for a pay per use program. =P

Dark_Fox said:

Thats MY job, my pimpin duck does not work for outside authorities.. But I can put you on for a pay per use program. =P

No thanks... I'll pass.. Unless, of course, it's not that expensive. :)

DiSTuRBeD said:

/me thinks disorder dislikes this thread because he doesn't have a vid card to speak of :P

Actually, it's not that bad.
I have a Riva TNT2 M64 in combination with a voodoo2... Ok ok, it's not a geforce3, but it'll do for a while.

It was meant as a joke. =P

Geforce2 MX, for running Q3A with high geometrical detail and high texture quality, looks very beautiful :)

Voodoo 3 3000 AGP

I can't upgrade it due to the measurements of this Gateway motherboard. Damn.

Who knows what I'll put in my gaming rig when I start assembling it. I'm thinking GeForce 3 MX. =)

Guest Dark_Fox
Disorder said:

No thanks... I'll pass.. Unless, of course, it's not that expensive. :)

Hehe, just give the call.. =)

voodoo 3...i've heard the later voodoo's aren't worth it. i'll be getting a better one shortly before doom 3, or sooner if i'm suddenly rich someday

Lord FlatHead said:

Finally, someone admits the horrible truth.

Hey maybe if I had a good card, I wouldn't get bored w/ doom.

Guest CRiZ

Matrox G400 MAX, 32RAM

Well I have something like 20 video cards around here but the best one I have is a RivaTNT2 Ultra 32MB thing. I hate it now that I found out it won't play GLQuake or GLHexen2 and they won't add support for those games, those are about the only games I use the 3D acceleration for anyways.

Well, at least you can RUN the game at all. I don't think the game's going to run when it founds out I don't have vertex/pixel shaders. :)

Lüt said:

Well I have something like 20 video cards around here but the best one I have is a RivaTNT2 Ultra 32MB thing. I hate it now that I found out it won't play GLQuake or GLHexen2 and they won't add support for those games, those are about the only games I use the 3D acceleration for anyways.

You HATE YOUR TNT2?
WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?
My Current Computers Video Card Is an ULtra RivaTnT2 32Mb.

It IS DAMN Good.

Plays Jdoom, Doom Legacy, Quake 3 Arena, GLQuake, JHeretic, American Mgee's Alice, BattleZone Looks Incredible with it (first one) Only problem is it crashes a fair bit rendering it unplayable.

My Next Computer Will Have A GeForce 256"Magic" (thats the company's Name) With 64MB Ram Plus GPU.

Yes I AM GETTING IT! (The New Computer That Is, I Have been mentioning it for month's now if you haven't noticed)

It Will KICK ASS.

First card : Graphics Blaster Riva TNT 16 mega SDRAM (AGP).

Second card : 3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 (AGP)

Now : 3D Blaster GeForce 2 GTS, 32 mega ram DDR, from Creative. All the games run well, but I have problems with Quake 3 (Vsync problems/scanlines). I use the NVidia drivers beta 7.78. Still no changes for Quake 3.

Guest BenjiDemon
Dark_Fox said:

Hehe, just give the call.. =)

Take my advice and wait for the GeForce3 prices to come down later this year, also the ram quality will be better.

If you think you r gonna play Doom3 on the video cards you have now, take your head out of ya ass:)

Zaldron said:

Well, at least you can RUN the game at all. I don't think the game's going to run when it founds out I don't have vertex/pixel shaders. :)

Doh, that sucks. =(

Of course, by the time it ships, Geforce 3 Pro or whatever will probably be a reasonable price, which is a damn good thing cuz the game'll most likely scream at me for having "only" 32mb on my card, or Win XP (Xtra Puffy) will just eat everything up. =P

Yeah, that's a real problem. XP is a mem hog, as you can see by looking at the sshots. Now, the surface (texture) storage system in OpenGL/DirectX is LAME. That means everytime you quit from a exclusive game (runs in fullscreen), XP will have to re-load all those pics. I can already picture myself the noise my HD will make...

What's the deal of making ultra-fancy GUIs anyway? I don't know you people, but every program I run, I run it at fullscreen/maximized. I have *NO* intention to stare at the hurting blue/green color scheme...

Guest Epistax

Matrox ME 2, 4mb.

twice the card my computer came with

*ducks*

Zaldron said:

Yeah, that's a real problem. XP is a mem hog, as you can see by looking at the sshots. Now, the surface (texture) storage system in OpenGL/DirectX is LAME. That means everytime you quit from a exclusive game (runs in fullscreen), XP will have to re-load all those pics. I can already picture myself the noise my HD will make...

What's the deal of making ultra-fancy GUIs anyway? I don't know you people, but every program I run, I run it at fullscreen/maximized. I have *NO* intention to stare at the hurting blue/green color scheme...

Amen to that brother. =)

I mean, when people get excited about slick new hardware, it's not because they want to "Explore(tm)" at mind boggling speeds.

The crappiest one here!

Pine Riva TNT2 Mach 64 32Mb.

It sucks shit for the games I play! It won't even run Delta Force very well!

---------------