• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CuERzO

A suggestion surely posted before...

Guest CuERzO

...but you never know.

It would be GREAT if DooM 3 could run olde DooM and DooM 2 wads. Just great. Imagine all your old wads with a incredible new look.
What do you think about this?

Oh and one more question, off this topic. Can anyone tell me if DooM I had ANY boxes in the maps? Not ammo ones, but mapped ones.

Guest blood donor

If the old levels arent included in the final game they will almost certainly be made by a some mapper out there. Imagine how great they would look with the new engine!!!

...mapped boxes? Do you mean crates? If so just take a look at E2M2.

The Doom engine isn't capable of room-over-room so if you meant floating boxes then no.

As for loading wads... well, considering the death of lightmaps I think a dedicated programmer could throw together a converter in about a week or less.

deadnail said:

...mapped boxes? Do you mean crates? If so just take a look at E2M2.

The Doom engine isn't capable of room-over-room so if you meant floating boxes then no.

As for loading wads... well, considering the death of lightmaps I think a dedicated programmer could throw together a converter in about a week or less.

Maybe he's speaking of skyboxes...perhaps he's talking about Blood-like voxel based ammo...perhaps crates, perhaps polygonal default boxes...

We'll never know... unless he posts again.

blood donor said:

If the old levels arent included in the final game they will almost certainly be made by a some mapper out there. Imagine how great they would look with the new engine!!!

There is no easy way to make an 2.5D to 3D exporter. Duplicating the levels is a hand job, and id people is very bussy to do something like that.

Besides, duplicating the DooM levels into DooM3 would still be a copyright infringement.

Guest Dave
Lüt said:

::BRRRAAAAAAAAACK::

heh.

Zaldron said:

SOMEONE OPEN A FUCKING WINDOW!!!!!111

Shut up and do your job, Le Ventilateur.

Guest MACVILE`WHORE
Lüt said:

::BRRRAAAAAAAAACK::

SQWOARSH WOMPF!!!!!!!1

Guest Dark_Fox

No..
You have no idea how a 3D engine works, do you?
Doom 3 will prob have 512by512 or higher textures, you slap a 20by20 piece of grainy shit on it then whats the point of the WHO DAMN ENGINE! Sure, level and texture "REMAKES!" would work, but otherwise you need to be plugged..

Guest c-d-w
Lord FlatHead said:

Ummmm...

Ohh baby, ohhhh baby, DUPLICATE THE LEVELS!!!! Ohhhhh yess... ahhH!!! :: SPLOOOGE ::

Guest MACVILE`WHORE
c-d-w said:

:: SPLOOOGE ::

/me gets the mop

Zaldron said:

Cut your fingers?

NO, VENTILATE!

::turns Zaldron on::

MACVILE`WHORE said:

/me gets the mop

It's not there Mac, Lüt ate it a while ago...