Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

/me gets new game!

Uh, yeah. So it's not that new. Sue me. I just bought Turok 3:Shadow of Oblivion(love those subtitles!) for the N64. Game kicks! I especially like the second chapter, Military Base, 'cause it reminds of Doom for some reason.

Jeez, the first one was a bomb and they're already on number 3? Crap on me. Looks like they're following the path of Tomb Raider.

i really don't think turok deserves to be mentioned in the same paragraph as doom, but i'm glad your'e so happy

Turok 1: Fucking shit
Turok 2: GREAT level design, helluva challenge
Turok Rage Wars: If it had better config options would kick ass
Turok 3: A balance of kickass mp and kickass sp, a little shorter than 2 but is still one kickass game

That's funny, the 2nd chapter didn't remind me of Doom at all. The 5th chapter is pretty confusing, though, make sure you take every possible path or you'll end up stuck.

Guest Stphrz'
Disorder said:

aaaaaarrggghh *chokes*

Ha Ha! Dunno what those little dark things were, but they weren't raisins or chocolate chips :P

deadnail said:

Turok 1: Fucking shit
Turok 2: GREAT level design, helluva challenge
Turok Rage Wars: If it had better config options would kick ass
Turok 3: A balance of kickass mp and kickass sp, a little shorter than 2 but is still one kickass game

That's funny, the 2nd chapter didn't remind me of Doom at all. The 5th chapter is pretty confusing, though, make sure you take every possible path or you'll end up stuck.

What I think of Turok so far:
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter-I dunno, this game just didn't "hook" me like the others. Actually, for the time(1997), the graphics were the best ever on the N64. The level design, too, was top-notch(for the time), but I hated the irritating fog that obscured your vision to just a few feet. The weapons were OK, and so were the enemies and level bosses. Overall, it was just an average game for me.
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil-This is the best of the 4 Turok games, if you ask me. Plenty of reasons why-the weapons were very kick-a double-s, and I like the fact that you could blow the enemy's arms and legs off. Pretty good game.
Turok: Rage Wars-I don't believe I've ever played this game. It look like it'd be a heckuva ot of fun.
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion-Very, very fun game so far(only on Chapter 3 so far).

Guest TheEternalVile
Stphrz' said:

Ha Ha! Dunno what those little dark things were, but they weren't raisins or chocolate chips :P

NO! YOU MUSN'T NAME A GAME THAT IS BETTER THAN DOOM! NOO!!!!
AAUGHH!!!!!!

I've played the first two Turok games, but not the third, so I don't know much about it. Aside from the fact that Turok has more fog than the movie "The Fog", my biggest gripe is that the FOV is smaller than in most other games, so it feels like you're running around while holding the "zoom" button.

Stphrz' said:

Hey people!! Where are my tacks? I'm serious, c'mon, I need them...