Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skaven

Music in doom3

Guest Skaven

Apparently Trent Reznor is very interested in making doom 3 music... SIF! The quake music didn't do much for me.......
Doesn't anyone think that bobby prince's music added a whole new element to doom/doom2? The creepy ambient songs, the metal songs (i.e. e1m1) added a whole new dimension to the game and probably is the most underated part of doom... he should be the one doing doom3 music...

Somebody ban this guy already.

I'll personally "take care" of the people at id if Trent is even remotely involved in Doom3.

Bah.

I hate those "metal" songs. I like the slower and quieter music, like for example map18. Map01 music drives me mad and I always use idmus to change it to something less loud and less silly.

Bah! All the (doom1) music is appropriate and good. You gotta have the right mix or else the mood gets monotonous no matter what.

Guest Epistax

didn't rob zombie do the quake 2 theme?

Since Doom3 will be a dark, gory, violent, game, it should have music that reflects the dark, gory, violent atmosphere. E1M5's music in Doom1 sounded perfect to me, and it fit real well with the overall level. Dark and moody level, dark and moody music.
I think all of Doom3's music should be eerie-sounding and creepy.

Guest Stphrz'
Lüt said:

Somebody ban this guy already.

I'll personally "take care" of the people at id if Trent is even remotely involved in Doom3.

Can I help? I have two big dogs I could sic on 'em....

Screw you all. Midi was the times for gaming in Doom, that's what made the soundtrack immortal. Right now CD quality (or even superior) is expected, so let's go with a fully orchestrated soundtrack.

You know, something you can listen to in five years and not get sickened by. That totally rules out all musical trends of today.

Guest Xian

damn, i dont know, i loved the quake soundtrack, it wasnt "in your face" and retarded (like some of his ALBUM work); but it was still scary.

But isnt he going to be busy with tapeworm and all that?

Good god, if that's not the most obnoxious signature EVER used on a message board in the history of the internet, I don't know what is.

Lord, you ain't kidding!

Ling, for the love of all you consider Holy, instigate a 200 character cap on signatures! Make sure carraige returns count as 5 characters to help prevent uncalled for spacing.

Lut, that is NOT the most obnoxious signature... it doesn't have half a dozen 400k sloppily scanned jpegs in it. However, all things considered, if UBB code was fully implemented we can probably assume it WOULD.

Xian said:

damn, i dont know, i loved the quake soundtrack, it wasnt "in your face" and retarded (like some of his ALBUM work); but it was still scary.

Remove that Sig NOW...
/me calls for Macvile's help

Xian said:

what the hell...what kind of loser uses rap lyrics for a sig??? i'm suprised he didn't suggest ol' dirty bastard for the doom3 soundtrack. this shit shouldn't fly simply because i don't want to scroll past it for 5 minutes to read the rest of the replys...this calls for the newbie death squad!!!

doomsick said:

...this calls for the newbie death squad!!!

Can I join the squad? Please.. Please??

Stphrz' said:

What you guys don't get is that he is doing the music for Doom 100%!
That has been confirmed some time ago.

Xian said:

WTF IS THIS?!?! I LEAVE THIS PLACE FOR 2 DAYS AND SUDDENLY SOMEONE PUTS THE "LOSER'S NIGHT" SIGN OUTSIDE THE DOOR!!!

OK, it's time to call the Macvilewhore.

/me turns on giant projector with the shape of a coffee cup.

Disorder said:

Can I join the squad? Please.. Please??

I'll give money if someone let's me in....

deadnail said:

Lord, you ain't kidding!

Ling, for the love of all you consider Holy, instigate a 200 character cap on signatures! Make sure carraige returns count as 5 characters to help prevent uncalled for spacing.

Lut, that is NOT the most obnoxious signature... it doesn't have half a dozen 400k sloppily scanned jpegs in it. However, all things considered, if UBB code was fully implemented we can probably assume it WOULD.

MY BRAIN IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!111

I think this is worse than a big jpg. At least the image tag is hidden until the pic starts loading, but this piece of shit needs to be processed before the forum tables are displayed. Besides, I hate innecessary scrolling...

Stphrz' said:

Let me get this straight...you have 2 Doomcenter webmasters? Cool. :)

Guest Bloodspill25

Rob Zombie would be good and gory

deadnail said:

Lord, you ain't kidding!

OK, ok... most obnoxious within the limitations this board has set.

Bloodspill25 said:

Rob Zombie would be good and gory

How's a music track "gory"??

It can sound raunchy. A few of the Quake2 tracks pull it off pretty well. The first half of Cryptorchid (Marilyn Manson) does a decent job of it too. I hate him but I used to listen to that song a good deal. Rob Zombie probably could do it, but I don't know if he could keep from his gimmicky sounds enough to do a good job with it. He has potential.

Epistax said:

didn't rob zombie do the quake 2 theme?

They say that, but I have no idea which of those tracks would be called the Quake 2 theme. I doubt he did the orchestrated cinema music from the intro, and the rest of them sound too much alike to be able to single anything of his out from the rest of the stuff the other band did.

Guest Gruson
Dima said:

What you guys don't get is that he is doing the music for Doom 100%!
That has been confirmed some time ago.

Bobby Prince...no one else should touch DOOM.

Guest Xian

WHAT THE FUCK!

I heard the complaints, so i edit my sig, AND IT DOESNT CHANGE A THING!

sorry about it, won post with that signature ever again. By the way, The sig wasnt supposed to have anything to do with the topic (music in doom3), just an unlucky coincedince.

But odb aint a bad idea at all...