Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

RTCW and Doom - Clarifications

A reply by Paul Jaquays to my post on Quake3World id legends forum:

Some of the code we developed for Doom has already been backported into Q3A code and is thus, making it's appearance in games like Q3:TA and Wolf and some other licensees work. Though, it's not John Carmack's work, if you're wondering about it being graphical. Likewise, work we are doing on the Q3A PR is likely to end up finding its way into Doom in some regards.
------------------
Paul Jaquays
id Software: Designer

Why the hell are they still messing around with Q3A and Team Arena ? They should be working on Doom like there's no tomorrow, goddammit !

YOU try coding that engine for 365 days straight and see how well you can concentrate by the end!

Lüt said:

YOU try coding that engine for 365 days straight and see how well you can concentrate by the end!

I just read that dolphin thead you put up in the general forum and either:

1)You are an extremely sick fuck who should be jailed

OR

2)Are just a sick fuck for copying and pasting this-I mean, who the fuck visits these sites??!! That was the most disgusting thing I have ever fucking read! Jesus how can that guy be allowed into the public? Fucking hell! wacking off a fucking dolphin for christ sakes, thats like 'flipper-uncut' or some thing, Jezus!

Disorder said:

I think he was just joking..

I know, so was I.

I hate putting smilies in my posts unless they're absolutely necessary.

the-widow-maker said:

OR

2)Are just a sick fuck for copying and pasting this-I mean, who the fuck visits these sites??!! That was the most disgusting thing I have ever fucking read! Jesus how can that guy be allowed into the public? Fucking hell! wacking off a fucking dolphin for christ sakes, thats like 'flipper-uncut' or some thing, Jezus!

I pasted it, silly. It's from dolphinsex.org - I didn't find it myself, it was getting made fun of in other forums. I don't know who found it first.

I hope you don't think I wrote that entire Mithra essay below it either...

I know you pasted it! but I felt that such a fuck-off post had to be acknowledged in some way or another. But you have to admit, the content of that post was completely fucked.

the-widow-maker said:

OR

I've seen that Dolphin Sex crap before. As an April 1st joke on gamedesign.net, and I believe there's a link to it at www.goatse.cx. If you do not know what goatse.cx is, for the love of god, don't try to find out.

Guest Dark_Fox

LOL!
Goatsie!
I've heard about that on the Somthing awful forums.. Damn the guys tears is ass open!
Sick fucker is one of ducks victums..=)
Not near as bad as the dutchman, he inject salen solution into his nutz..

Lord FlatHead said:

Why the hell are they still messing around with Q3A and Team Arena ? They should be working on Doom like there's no tomorrow, goddammit !

Fuck, if I'm gonna pay $300.000 and 8% royalty for their engine, I'm sure I'll like them to polish things a bit. :)