Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest akira

released?

Guest akira

when will doom 3 be released
isn't that in 2002

Hehe, we dont know when it will be released or what the system requirements are.

Last i heard they killed it... and for awhile i thought that they had killed doom3 allthogether (but then i found out that they just killed the new engine, not that they had cancelled the game).

Apparently, the so-called "doom 3 movie" that is out (preview from the japanese macworld show) isn't going to be like doom3. Im not saying that doom3 won't look like the game did in the movie... just that the engine they used at the macshow isn't what we'll be getting when doom 3 comes out (so the imp-like dude [maybe he's a baron ^o^] we saw in the demo might well end up on the end of our shotguns when we get our special edition, signed and autographed doom3 in it's tin box :)

It's unknown what the system requirements will be for doom3 because it is a least a year away (maybe two, or three if they keep scrapping engines at this pace). There is a "glass is half full/glass is half empty" attitude towards the sys. requirements too. Some people want it barely playable on today's machines, guess these are the detail freaks (personally, I think good level design and intricate character design - not polycount and super-dooper high-res textures are the way to go). They might well design the game to push the current technology to the limits, i hope they dont.
The other side of the argument is that they will make the game based off of the current "average" system specs and wait for technology to get better so that their game runs super-fast (which for the moment, might be a 750-1000 mhz computer with 256mb ram and inbetween 16 and 64mb of accelerated video...). The minimum system requirements might be about half of this.

Of course, we can only guess at things, seeing as iD software wont leak anything hardly (and they shouldnt). I see the main purpose of this doom3 forum as basicially a big spilling ground for ideas, i dont hope (anymore at least) that id software's employees would be looking at it, altohugh they might pick up some nice ideas or be inspired... those ideas wouldn't be completly original. Appealing to the fans is a great way to keep them hooked (and i mean this in a good way), but it is better to not only appeal to what the fans want but to go farther as well (like we were all impressed when we found out that doom2 had a new weapon in it).

Guest akira

bu i've heard that it would be released in 2002
all well we will see
but i've got an question.......
i only have doom 1 and i liked it but now i really need doom 2
and i think you are dutch (not everybody) and maybe you would let me mabe you or borrow the game
i hope you don't mind because i really want it and i hope i can get it of you. It's a stuppid question because i don't know you but i know allot of people that do that kind of things
so i hope you will qrite me back and that we get to it

Akira

Quote from a 1999 interview with John Carmack : "I think very highly of games like Unreal, but id will NEVER take three or four years to produce a game."

So, yes, it will come out in 2002.

maga said:

hey? what's this ? SPAM ?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh................

Spam in the place where I live (ham and pork)
Think about nutrition, wonder what's inside it now (oh boy)
Spam in my luchbox at work (it's the best)
Really makes a darn good sandwhich any way you slice it at all

If you're running low, go to the store
Carry some money to help you buy more
The tab is there to open the can
The can is there to hold in the spam

Oh, spam on the table at home (ham and pork)
Think about selection, are there different flavors now (let's eat)
Spam in my office at work (it's the best)
Think about the stuff its made from, wonder if it's mystery of meat

If you need a spoon, keep one around
Carry a thermose to help wash it down
Now, if there's some left, don't just throw it out
Use it for spackle or bathroom grout, now

Spam in my pantry at home (have some more)
Think of expiration, better read the lable (oh boy)
Spam breakfast, dinner, or lunch (it's the best)
Think about how it's been precooked, wonder if I'll just eat it cold

Now, once you start in, you can't put it down
Don't leave it sitting or it'll turn brown
The key is going to open the tin
The tin is there to keep the spam in

Oh, spam (spam)
Ham and pork
Think about nutrition, wonder what's inside it now (oh boy)
Spam (spam)
It's the best
Really makes a darn good sandwhich any way you slice it

Spam in the place where I live (have some more)
Think about addiction, wonder if I'm a junkie now (let's eat)
Spam in the place where I work (you're obsessed)
Think about the way it's processed, wonder if it's some kind of meat

Spam in the back of my car (ham and pork)
Spam any place that you are (ham and pork)
The tab is there to open the can (spam any place that you are) (ham and pork)
The can is there to hold in the spam (spam any place that you are) (ham and pork)

akira said:

bu i've heard that it would be released in 2002
all well we will see
but i've got an question.......
i only have doom 1 and i liked it but now i really need doom 2
and i think you are dutch (not everybody) and maybe you would let me mabe you or borrow the game
i hope you don't mind because i really want it and i hope i can get it of you. It's a stuppid question because i don't know you but i know allot of people that do that kind of things
so i hope you will qrite me back and that we get to it

Akira

Why are so many people Dutch?
I hate Dutch people. I hope they'll all burn in hell...

Lord FlatHead said:

"I think very highly of games like Unreal, but id will NEVER take three or four years to produce a game."

Damn straight. The sad thing is that reviewers will say "the gameplay is not like in Max Payne or DNF". WTF? I mean, compare development times... :\

Zaldron said:

That's bullshit. Show me a link.

I just remember an interview with one of the guys from iD software concerning E3. When asked about their new game he said "oh, that, we trashed it".

I assume that such a noble concept as *doom3* wouldn't die so easily so I guess they were referring to the WIP demo they had up and running (ie, the crap they showed off at the mac-show... i wasn't totally impressed either).

Zaldron said:

Damn straight. The sad thing is that reviewers will say "the gameplay is not like in Max Payne or DNF". WTF? I mean, compare development times... :\

And shouldn't gamespot be using games like quake and stuff to benchmark gameplay?

I've never heard of "Max Payne", and DNF is just one in another of a series that shoulda died a long time ago (and duke nukem 3d didnt have very good gameplay so im guessing that DNF doesnt either).

sirgalahadwizar said:

I just remember an interview with one of the guys from iD software concerning E3. When asked about their new game he said "oh, that, we trashed it".

I assume that such a noble concept as *doom3* wouldn't die so easily so I guess they were referring to the WIP demo they had up and running (ie, the crap they showed off at the mac-show... i wasn't totally impressed either).

No, you got that totally wrong. It was a fake article entitled "Top 10 things we WON'T see at e3". They're using the same engine, and DooM 3 is still a reality. I remember Ling or Arioch posted it as a joke in the news section, and then went mad because most people thought it was real.