Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

cdDoom causing some weird anomalies

I load up a game of csDoom and it's as if there's a bunch of glitches everywhere - like the level has wrong sector references and incorrect flags for the linedefs. Any idea why this might be happening?

Guest fod_vile

either you have wrong version of doom2, it needs version 1.9 patch available at www.clanvile.com under doom2 "essential files"
or you are trying to join a csdoom game that is running a wad you do not have loaded

Try the csdoom page forum if you haven't yet.

I have the same problem.
But when I connect it throws me into some weird level (ex. everybody is playing in map01, but for some reason I go to map07 or map05).
Also when I shoot something it always seems to come from my feet (shoot a pistol, bullet puff at the bottom of the wall, shoot a rocket, the rocket explodes on the floor).
The problem you are talking about makes it look like noclipping when you're outside the main level structure (looking at infinity). It's like having a big rubber band attached to you and jou cant really move anywhere without being snapped back to start.

I think I may have IT!
When I tried to play all servers had players as "0/2, 0/4, 0/6, or 0/8" Does this mean that nobody is playing on these servers? Is it supposed to screw up if you join one of these games? I don't know what the numbers mean (does 4/6 mean 4 players out of a limit of 6). I don't know because when I get into one of these games, I go to a level that it does not say is playing (it will say map15 or map01, but I go somewhere else like map07 or map05).

Guest cocoon
fod_vile said:

either you have wrong version of doom2, it needs version 1.9 patch available at www.clanvile.com under doom2 "essential files"
or you are trying to join a csdoom game that is running a wad you do not have loaded

Nope that is not it, map01 can work just fine until next game where it might be screwed up. HOMs and all that
csdoom bug, nothing else. I've seen what they described many times.