Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Epistax

Do any bots not suck?

Guest Epistax

All the bots I've tried suck. I don't have a very fast connection, so I can't play a real DM that often, so I want a really good bot to practice on. Could anyone help? (I really want bots for Zdoom).

How do they suck, hey? You've got 3 zdoom bots. Doombot (for very skilled players), Cajun bot (less challenging), and Skull Tag (intermediate in difficulty). The Doombot is really good actually, though it could frustrate someone. The other two have some flaws, like getting stuck on walls, but they still fight back (and are good for not-very skilled doomers). Do you say they suck because they have no real coop support? Or if what you want is really intelligent opponents, then play csdoom, it even supports 14k modems, and I don't think you'll have as high a ping as I do (around 600). And I tell you, I have A LOT of fun, and can do some damage too. ??

Guest Epistax

I only heard of zcajun. I don't even have the directory structure for either of the other two. How do I get them?

Skull Tag is here at doomworld, check the link on the right of the main page somewhere below the links to the forum (under DM projects). You can also get doombot here from the ports section just beneath the forum links.