Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest icehouse

Help with co-op...

Guest icehouse

I admit, I am rather new at PC Doom (Playstation and Jaguar for years however). That said, I am also rather new at PCs. OK, I have the shareware version currently, along with zDoom. My friends have the same. I have read everything I can find in forums and folders to no avail. Can someone clue me in as to how to play a cooperative game over the internet? Please? Thanks.

I don't think you can play co-op over the internet yet. You can using the original shareware and the original executable via dialup. You need a regular modem for that though. Of course you will also have to pay long distance charges unless your buddies live close by, which sucks of course.

Stphrz said:

I don't think you can play co-op over the internet yet.

shame on you Stphrz surely you forget Doomserv?
http://www.doomserv2000.com

OOOOPS. Heh. I...uh...eh...um...heh. Guess I did :) Although you will admit Doomserve is usually used for DM games, right. (C'mon Fod, help me save a little face here will ya? :)

Guest icehouse

Yes, it does mention DM play. But, I am dying to play co-op. If I am missing something there regarding co-op play, please feel free to mention it... Thanks.

You can play co-op using the zdoom executable. One of you just use "zdoom -host" and add the parameters for a co-op game (look in readme.txt from zdoom), and the other one just "zdoom -join <ip_of_host>". Amazingly simple process, eh?

ZDooM is in co-op mode by default.
Host: zdoom -host x +map map01 -skill 5
(x is the number of players)
Clients: zdoom -join [ipofhost]
that's all. Clients don't need to add most parameters the host has to, except stuff like -dup or -extratic (or however it is called)

..and if you'r such a pc newbie that you'r wondering where all the "-host...." should go just mail me and i'll help you with that :o)