Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lost Soul

PSX Doom Secrets??

I'm having a little trouble nailing 100% secrets in Level 24- Hell Beneath. Could someone perhaps help me out here? I can only seem to find 50% no matter how hard I look. And just what does that switch near the red door actually do? It appears to only be active for a second.. but I can't see just what, if anything it does..

Well where is this lift located? There may be something in the same spot.. just not an exit, becuase the level Fear isn't in there.

SECRET #2: In the area that lowers right before the Barons of Hell teleport in. On the PSX version, Hell Knights replace the Barons of Hell.

It's the floor around the NIN sign, I just checked in DeePsea. Secret credit works like nukage/lava damage - you don't actually get the credit unless you fully stand in the sector, so you kinda have to run across it when it's lowering or get in the part of the N that reveals the most floor and then you get the credit.

On PSX Doom it's impossible to get the 100% secrets. When they took out the NIN logo (don't know why) the tag for the secret went missing as well. You can activate the walls, by running over the small lava pool when you lower the pillar (press the torch on the left side), but the secret won't register.

Other PSX Doom glitches that effect your ranking:

-on Unholy Cathedral you can't open the secret in the courtyard that contains the soul sphere and the chainsaw, even if you have the key.

-on Command Center, when the pillars lower to reveal the barons of hell, only one pillar lowers. You can't get 100% kills unless you use rockets or the BFG to kill the baron, and then the pillar will lower. Takes a lot of ammo though.

-on Tower of Babel you can't get 100% items since there's 2 maps, and you can only pick up one.

Okay, thanx! Now one last thing. That switch near the red door that only seems to be active for a second.. it does.. what?

When you run over the NIN logo (or lava square on the psx), it raises some walls around you. If you get out of the room right away, the room will be unaccessible beacause of those walls. That switch that doesn't seem to do anything, it lowers the walls so you can get back in the room.