Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DemilinX

WindowsXP compatible editor

I've dabbled with editing for years and I'd like to give it a go again. I just upgraded to WindowsXP so what editor would you guys recommend? Will DETH/ZETH work under XP?

windeu 5.99

deth and zeth barely work under win98; you can give them a shot, but dont be suprised if they trash your level, so keep backups

WadAuthor, DeepSea, and XWE are all editors that were designed for Windows environments. WadAuthor and DeepSea are shareware, however only DeepSea continues to be developed and supported. XWE is free, but the author continues development only sporadically.

All three are excellent.

I just copied my DETH folder from my Win98 box to my XP box and it worked with no problems.

esayeek said:

windeu 5.99

deth and zeth barely work under win98; you can give them a shot, but dont be suprised if they trash your level, so keep backups

Errr, no. DETH and ZETH don't trash levels. I've heard WadAuthor does sometimes though, but that may not be true.

The only thing I know that trashes levels is BSP, when you leave a stray vertex somewhere in your level (that isnt connected to any lines)

From what I've been told, it should, by all rights work. If not, well... why not give DeePsea a try? That works with 2000/XP fine.

Ultimate DooMer said:

Does WadAuthor work under 2000/XP? (as I'll have to get a new pc eventually, but I'll still be making levels)

Yes it does, and it works very well.