Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jayextee

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Let's see - SkullTag is TOO HARD!!!!!!

What the hell am I doing wrong, I've visited som sites about Dm strategies, thus I can accurately straferun, forwards and backwards, strafe-circling is second natre, and I'm getting pretty accurate with the SSG.

And yet, the ST bots still whup my ass on any setting higher than I'M ALLERGIC TO PAIN.

Okay, don't just outright say that I suck. I know this, okay?
Just what can I do to get any better at DM???

Is the fact that I only ever play against bots? The reason for this is I have no modem (Net access is from a friends computer).

I want to get better for when I have my own net connection (In about a month), but I feel like it's a losing battle with ST.

Some pointers _would_ be nice.

Thanks.

Jayextee said:

Just what can I do to get any better at DM???

Play, play, play and play even more. This is no joke. You will get better when you play enough :)

ok are you talking about orion in jujment day cozde i found a way to beat him. if your talking about the first too just get the doom shere and have fun or the sread in testing arena....

ok jujment day i found a way to beat him(cheaply thou) when he gets down there where the rail gun is he is usuly stuck down there so you have to manage to get the granad launcher and fire down in there but be carfull he has like 100% accruicy so i whould stay out of his line of fire

Let's see, how am I using the DM weapons?

PISTOL: I don't. If I have to, it's from afar, 'pecking' my opponents while I go for a better weapon.
SHOTGUN: Mid-range. There's a little pre-emptiveness here, and guessing where your opponents are going to go. I'm not worried about accuracy, I keep firing, button held down. Most shots have some effect.
SSG: Closer range. Generally, either used in corridors, or obstacle-littered playfields. This has a little 'lag' to fire, so during this short time, I flick the mouse toward the nearest opponent. Shoot, then aim. Sounds strange, but it has got me the best results - about 70-odd percent accuracy. Not bad.
CHAINGUN: Pestering weapon. Basically, used like a high-speed pistol, just more daringly (I'll actually chase a bit with this weapon)
ROCKET LAUNCHER: Again, a little pre-emptive. I try to hit the nearest wall (Or with mouselook, the floor) instead of my opponent. This, I've found gives the better result - there's only so much splash damage a player can take. I fire often.
PLASMA GUN: Basically, I don't care for how much ammo I use - I 'spray' the projectiles around a player's area. A constant stream is easy to dodge, but this irregular spray is slightly harder.
BFG: I'm trying to wean myself off using it altogether. Basically, fire, and keep your opponents in the 'cone'.
GRENADE LAUNCHER (ST): Mostly covering my back. I can't really work out complex trajectories as I'm playing, so I basically use this either as a 'floor hugging rocket launcher', or to rebound off any near wall, so it ends up BEHIND me, when I'm being chased. I never cared for grenades.
RAILGUN (ST): Fire often. I don't care for accuracy - firing often means that one will come off anyway, eventually.
CLOSE-RANGE: I try not to, although berserk is prefferred to anything. Hold the button, and chase.

Is there anything wrong with my weapon strategies?
Just wondering...

SaGa said:

ok are you talking about orion in jujment day cozde i found a way to beat him. if your talking about the first too just get the doom shere and have fun or the sread in testing arena....

ok jujment day i found a way to beat him(cheaply thou) when he gets down there where the rail gun is he is usuly stuck down there so you have to manage to get the granad launcher and fire down in there but be carfull he has like 100% accruicy so i whould stay out of his line of fire

What the heck is that map30 remake or something about? The lift doesn't rise high enough, and I can't use mouse to look up/down. I have no idea what to do in that map. Or then my ST is fucked up somehow... or I missed something, like not reading any txts.