Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gemini09

Why does this sky texture detail look so flat?

Hi

Is there a way to make these planets and stars not look so flat?

This is a skybox with 6 sides (west/north/east/south/top/bottom). If you look at the star to the uppermost right, you can clearly see it's actually just pasted onto the ceiling texture. Perhaps this was to be expected since it is in fact just a flat planet/ star pasted on top of a flat sky background, but it's my first encounter with this phenomenon.

I think you can make a camera skybox -- a square outer sector with a special skybox thing in the middle -- and place the stars as floating thing decorations. Hopefully GZDoom will let you make some very nice glowing sprites for the stars.

printz said:

and place the stars as floating thing decorations.

If you do so, give them +FORCEXYBILLBOARD flag in DECORATE, otherwise the high ones will display as flat anyway.

printz said:

I think you can make a camera skybox -- a square outer sector with a special skybox thing in the middle -- and place the stars as floating thing decorations. Hopefully GZDoom will let you make some very nice glowing sprites for the stars.

Sounds very good. Thanks a lot.

scifista42 said:

If you do so, give them +FORCEXYBILLBOARD flag in DECORATE, otherwise the high ones will display as flat anyway.

Alright.