Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomtodeath

woah post hell just got updated

It was better before. Those flames look cheesy and insubstantial. I don't even remember now how the flames were before, but they were definitely better.

I liked the shitty 90s gifs, but this fire is okay on my book. It's all one big wall, and not easy to identify as separate images. Subtle music change is okay, but honestly a new song of ear bleeding fun would have been preferable.

I loved the cheesey 90s flames gif, i like how this one spans the whole thing though. Also the music loop is longer now but it's still not Picard which hurts me deeply

One thing I found out a while back is if you try to adblock the flame flash element it constantly shrinks every block until it eventually disappears and stops the music.

At least I personally find the new flames to be more pleasing to the eyes than the old ones. They also blend in well with the orange/yellow theme

Interesting. The way the flames were forced to the bottom on the old version was bugging me recently. I like the new one better just because of that.

Staring at Post Hell for a bit realized DW doesn't render quite perfectly in Firefox or IE when the page is zoomed. The borders between the topic rows don't always scale to the same thickness. Clearly a browser issue and not a DW issue. Chrome has no problem here. Google FTW. Note to self: try this in Edge later.

There's a brief pause before the music loops and it's very distracting. Reminds me of one of them old Sega CD games.

P.S. Link to fire animation pls

I frequently visit post hell for the threads but I stay for the atmosphere.

I like the new fire. It stays at the bottom rather than staying at the bottom when you stop scrolling.

GhostlyDeath said:

Click through fire burns my finger, but it feels great!

There's a cream for that.

Happy to see that the plague of people being offended by random things this year has unfortunately cought up with Posthell.

Guess it was unavoidable at this rate.

#posthellmatters

Don't wanna sound too bitchy but it's lost a bit of it's fun.
The shitty 90's gifs were the best part.

The Civ said:

Don't wanna sound too bitchy but it's lost a bit of it's fun.
The shitty 90's gifs were the best part.

Coupled with the Katamari musical charm of the 2000s.

Grazza said:

That's 30 seconds of my time with Adblock-plus I'll never get back.

Ditto. I'm looking for a workaround to fix that.

Apparently whatever I did way back to disable the music and flames in post hell was such a great solution that the new flames didn't break it and I can't see them. Can anyone grab a screenshot? Or maybe a video even? I don't wanna touch anything that might make my great solution fall apart.

Buckshot said:

Happy to see that the plague of people being offended by random things this year has unfortunately cought up with Posthell.

You know, I'm surprised we still have Post Hell at all. It's nice that Doomworld hasn't completely lost its identity and its strange sense of humour. It's what some of us come here for.

DoomUK said:

You know, I'm surprised we still have Post Hell at all. It's nice that Doomworld hasn't completely lost its identity and its strange sense of humour. It's what some of us come here for.

I honestly think more places need Post Hells.

Antroid said:

Apparently whatever I did way back to disable the music and flames in post hell was such a great solution that the new flames didn't break it and I can't see them. Can anyone grab a screenshot? Or maybe a video even? I don't wanna touch anything that might make my great solution fall apart.

Just open it in a different browser.