Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Quakers Do Doom

Aardappel's Doom Page has announced the release of the "QBoard Doom 2 SP WAD" created by Biff Debris, Lunaran, and Aardappel. This 3-level WAD was created by 3 Quake mappers as a "retro" mapping project to see how they would fare with linedefs and vertices as opposed to brushes and polygons.

Jah, it roxors, only 3 levels but they're quite good considering they can be considered "first efforts." Some problems with weapon and monster placement, but whatcha gonna do.

i must make a "first effort" someday.. i actually thought i might want to submit a level to this project, but then there was a deadline and stuff.. so i didn't.

Guest pagb666

The levels look really good in the shots I'd better go and try them

Guest Anonymous User

Yeah I played those yesterday... On map01 there weren't many ups and downs or switches, teleporters or lifts etc. map02 was a bit more interesting and I think if that author worked a bit more with doom he could really create cool stuff. The imported textures workde ok, but again not enough usage of what the engine is actually capable of. map03 was using the textures I fell in love with when I started to edit doom... The shawn ones. This map is the most difficult of the bunch and has got more tricks and traps than the previous two... I'd say map02 was most good looking, but map03 had the best gameplay map01.. uhm that chainsaw idea was kewl...

Guest Anonymous User

I'd rather play a beserk-fist level than a chainsaw level... with a fist you have to dodge and weave and try to get hits in, while with a chainsaw you slog through and hope that the monsters stay frozen in pain.

Guest mystican

seems to work in netscape ok for me .. wicked

Guest mystican

so like, given that this doesn't link his page, it's on www.planetquake.com/aardappel i think

Guest mystican

i just downloaded and played this through .. map01 is good as a starter map, climbing the mountain, shame you never get any really decent weaponary. map02 is the real gem in this trilogy, with q2 textures, lovely lovely architecture/lighting and texture use, ok the gameplay isnt exactly special but it's not bad either, on the whole a really nice map. map03 reminds me of icarus because it seems practically all the textures are that shiny grey metal. its a pretty big map, not as nice to look at as map02 but again it isnt bad. damn good for all first efforts.