Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ironlich

Server hosting wads

Hello i have just one problem which i'll now explain shortly: i used to enjoy a Bestever game but i found out that now the some of the required wads for that game are banned on Bestever for no apparent reason. Are there any other servers like BE where one can upload his files and then host the game on that server ( instead of hosting it with my pc which would be obnoxious )?

If the wads are banned it's for a good reason. Some mods in particular are poorly coded and waste resources even when idle.

Marcaek said:

If the wads are banned it's for a good reason. Some mods in particular are poorly coded and waste resources even when idle.

Whatever the case, do you know any other thing which works more or less like bestever?

I think ironlich was asking for a service where you upload a wad and then the service hosts a Zandronum server with it for you, not just any file hosting service.

Memfis said:

I think ironlich was asking for a service where you upload a wad and then the service hosts a Zandronum server with it for you, not just any file hosting service.

Well no harm was intended with my post. My mind is still roaming the zdaemon plains where wad-hosts get scanned for the needed wads when somebody hosts his or her own server.

I hope he or she finds what is needed.

Memfis said:

This. Sorry guys i'm a noob plz understand. I was just asking if there is something similar to bestever which does the same thing ( start an external server which is independent from my PC ). Anyone can help me?

Ok i managed to use it but now i have another issue, it says that a wad file doesn't exist when i try to start a server, but i actually did upload it and it says it has already been uploaded if i try to upload again. What is missing?

I don't see you in the chat history, next time you're in the channel please message myself or another staff member for more direct help, this really isn't the place.

So, did the person find a free server hosting service for his wads ?

Eris Falling said:

.be
French. Definitely French.

/offtopic-extra :

That was Dutch. Belgium can be divided in two. The Flemish side where almost everybody speaks Dutch and Dutch with accents (lol), and then Wallonia where most people speak French... and then a small part where some people speak german. A weird little country.