Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RNGPSY

new doomy things (probably)

i randomly did bunch of drawings again regarding certain doom monsters, functional or not. none of these yet have any form of extra sketching or ways to figure out how theyd actually translate in game if theres ever any need

might wantsome rethinking

Heh they look as though they're veterans of a few invasions of UAC bases. That pain elemental is ridiculously badass with his quadrangle mouth. And I've never seen a pinky looking that grotesque. Cheers man, you could be amazing at drawing concept art for games

RNGPSY, I like your style. I really do.

I always had a softspot for organic abominations. To this day I still consider John Carpenter's The Thing one of the best movies to date. But not just for its puppetry and design.

The Cyberdemon does look harmless though. Very malnourished and augments made of scraps just to keep it alive. Regardless it's a pretty cool design. In fact you could imagine be the new "zombieman" weak unit that is very slow to move, react, poor aiming and won't take much to kill.

The pain elemental is a cool design. I can foresee it spit acidic blood that blinds the player's eye sight too.

The Pinky, that's a great one too! They all are. The Pinky screams Chaos from Warhammer 40k. Good work man, I would like to see more from you.

I like the first one. I've assumed it was a Hell Knight, until I read Chezza's post and saw the filename of the picture. I think it would fit more than well if it existed in Doom 2 in place of the actual Hell Knight, who was just a Baron recolor. The next 2 drawings are too implausibly surreal even just to look at, for my taste.

Heh, I figured the 1st one was not quite a cyberdemon, instead a "technician" who goes around repairing hell's technology, repairing circuits, and adding new cyborg features to himself in his spare time.

lol thats actually helluva idea, always found that "cyberdemon" being like complete opposite of whatever fuk was introduced in the newdoom, maybe in too much but nice to have new ideas for scribbles

IMO Pinky's horns are too disproportionately big and Cybie's current look would be better suited for a hell knight. Still delightfully Eldritch, though.

I like the pinky. It's twisted and surreal and otherworldly, like something that should not ever exist in this realm, barring taking its own reality with it. But the pain elemental looks too much like the Grunt from Amnesia for my tastes, and I swear to god every take on the cyberdemon I've seen in this forum has been some skinny, sickly-looking goat.

I love all of these drawings. It looks to me like the demons or satan or whoever made these creatures was trying to make something beautiful but they all ended up hideous out of sheer incompetence.

These come in beautifully. Huge, monstrous, scary and fleshy. Rush approves. Fantastic!