Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dave The Daring

The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross now on Twitch

To celebrate Twitch's official support for the Twitch Creative community, they are showing every episode of the Joy of Painting, hosted by the one and only Bob Ross. If you've never experienced Bob Ross and his mesmerising painting technique, then do yourself a favour and go to http://www.twitch.tv/bobross.

As for Twitch's official support for creative streams, that can only be a good thing. It means Doom mappers that stream their mapping sessions are now officially friends of Twitch, and as Bob said himself many times, everybody needs a friend.

:)

Dave The Daring said:

It means Doom mappers that stream their mapping sessions are now officially friends of Twitch, and as Bob said himself many times, everybody needs a friend.

\ o /

I'm surprised the username "bobross" wasn't already taken.

It's a shame he died so long ago, though. He might've gotten a kick out of the streaming concept.

AD_79 said:

\ o /

\ o / indeed.

Jaxxoon R said:

I'm surprised the username "bobross" wasn't already taken.

Me too.

Jaxxoon R said:

It's a shame he died so long ago, though. He might've gotten a kick out of the streaming concept.

Yes indeed. Poor Bob. I'll always remember him and his awesome paintings.

RIP Bob. You're still loved by lots of nerdy Twitch users.

I heard 64,000 people watched. It'll be interesting to see where the viewership is in a month.

I think it's awesome. I started watching last night because of the novelty, ended watching the whole painting he was working on get finished. Happy trees, lots of happy little trees.

dio said:

I heard 64,000 people watched. It'll be interesting to see where the viewership is in a month.

I think they're only showing each episode once. It'll still take nine days to show them all. He made a lot of a paintings.

Now this is weird. Why would Twitch be so insane to throw a show like this to the sharks... The chat is just filled with retarded mentally ill comments and situations.

This show deserves better.

You can also find a ton of episodes on Youtube, discoverd it a couple of months ago. Whenever i'm in the mood for a nap i pick a episode and 5 minutes later i'm asleep, his voice is like a charm.

Jaws In Space said:

Has anyone here tried to do a painting based on his basic instructions?

The wet on wet technique? Nope. I'd like to try it, but the only thing I've ever painted was the gate in my backyard.

There is a timer running next to the video so it might be the last stream for now. It "might" end after 50 minutes.

It was fun to take a look at it now and then, had not seen that show in more than 10 years.

I own the DVD box set. The special features are amazing, like in the behind the scenes featurette in which he has a total mental breakdown, smears the canvass with human shit, slits his wrists and scrawls 'FUCK PIG' in blood across a fecal horizon.

It's all over, and yet there are still over 20,000 people watching this:

Yes, that is a timer counting down. What does it all mean? Could this be the second coming of Ross?

"Monday night is Bob Ross night"

In wake of this tremendous response, Twitch has announced that it will dedicate Monday evenings to the late painter with a weekly show. "Monday night is Bob Ross night," Twitch said in a statement.

Starting tonight, Twitch will run one season of The Joy of Painting--which originally aired on PBS in the '80s and '90s--starting at 3 PM PDT and ending at 9:30 PM PDT. The show had 31 seasons and 403 total episodes, meaning you'll only see repeats once every seven months, Twitch said.

Jaws In Space said:

Has anyone here tried to do a painting based on his basic instructions?

Yep, and my pretty little stream out by the cabin looked like a sewage plant.

Ashstrodamus said:

Yep, and my pretty little stream out by the cabin looked like a sewage plant.

That's just the influence of Doom on your psyche. You made a Nukage Processing Plant.

Well they turned out to be some happy little floating rocks with burning skulls. Just as good.

A BobRossian tip for quickly painting fireblu surfaces (without the red and blue paints melding together into a purple mess) would actually rock.