Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skatepunk60

Messed up regestered doom

Well i went and bought Doom off eBay and when i put it on my comp It started up w/ the ultimate doom title screen .. weird but playable until you beat e1m8 it then gives a getsumname error and asks for a help2 file. Ive reinstalled it 3 times and still the same thing this stinks and i know its fixable just dont know HOW to fix it.

EDIT: My AIM handle is Jami3 Th0mas , ill try to be on till late if someone has ideas thanks

w_getnumforgame i assume?

and it asks for HELP2 you say?

when the game starts up, what appears at the top during the start messages: the ultimate doom 1.9? registered doom 1.9? shareware doom 1.9? (if it comes up with a different version number, please report of course). and what color is this bar that displays one of the aforementioned things?

when you go to start a new game, you see the episode selection screen, starting with "knee deep in the dead". how many episodes are there on the list? 3 or 4? what happens when you try to select each episode?

ok , starting up there is no screen w/ that stuff on it ..which is VERY weird there are 3 episodes and when i quit game is says thank you for playing the ultimate doom a hellish .. ect.

EDIT and it plays the three episodes

you said you get "the ultimate doom" title screen. meaning the splash screen with "DOOM" in enormous letters and the green marine on it, it has in gold letters at the top "the ultimate". and then you say there are 3 episodes in the episode select screen, "knee deep in the dead", "shores of hell", and "inferno"?

Apparently you have Ultimate DOOM, but the executable is the one for plain DOOM (or DOOM II, it's the same one)... This can't happen from a genuine CD, so you must have bought a pirated (or messed up) copy.

myk said:

Apparently you have Ultimate DOOM, but the executable is the one for plain DOOM (or DOOM II, it's the same one)... This can't happen from a genuine CD, so you must have bought a pirated (or messed up) copy.

thats what i was thinking, but only the ultimate doom 1.9 .exe has the grey title bar at the top

Did you try running it under a sourceport? If only the exe is screwed, it should work fine under a port.