Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slachtbeest

GZDoom & Doomseeker/Multiplayer

Not sure where else to ask at this point and I've found no information anywhere on the topic that's definitive, so I thought I'd ask here.

With Brutal Doom v20 and GZDoom work with Doomseeker for multiplayer using latest versions?

ZDoom is great, but it's missing features that are present in GZDoom (such as 1920x1080 res, OpenGL settings and certain texture options) and visually does not look visually as good as GZDoom. It's actually quite noticeable and I prefer GZDoom.

If anyone would be willing to drop a line regarding this, I'd appreciate it. It seems, from the only few things I've found, some say GZDoom does work and some say it does not.

I'm pretty sure Doomseeker doesn't support either ZDoom or GZDoom multiplayer, since neither of them use servers and Doomseeker is a server browser.

If you're interested in playing Brutal in multiplayer, I recommend checking out Zandronum. I've never experienced any flaws whatsoever while playing over the net and setting up a server/connecting to friends is exponentially easier this way. Hope that helps!

It's spelled "Zandronum". It's much better for multiplayer things than GZDoom, though it's not quite as up to date afaik

(yet)

EDIT: Just noticed that the above was a 2 week bump, heh.

Yeah... Slachtbeast, GZDoom is better looking, i agree with that, but it comes with a price... So switch to Zandronum. Yes, it doesnt look that good, BUT i found two servers with Brutal Doom, and one of them is cool... The other one is password-locked. Have you tried Zdaemon instead?

Voros said:

Have you tried Zdaemon instead?

It lacks ZDoom mods support (based on a very early version of it), However it has some active servers (mostly Doom Barracks and LA Worlds servers )

DMGUYDZ64 said:

It lacks ZDoom mods support (based on a very early version of it), However it has some active servers (mostly Doom Barracks and LA Worlds servers )

What! i played on both Zdaemon and Doomseeker and they have Zdoom mods support, but Zdaemon has GZDoom servers, but couldnt find any Brutal Doom servers.

Voros said:

What! i played on both Zdaemon and Doomseeker and they have Zdoom mods support, but Zdaemon has GZDoom servers, but couldnt find any Brutal Doom servers.

Um ...
at first , Doomseeker is a Server browser, not an actual Source port
Second, Zdaemon has ZDaemon servers, Not GZDoom .
Third , ZDaemon is based on ZDoom v1.23 which is considered as a very outdated version of ZDoom that lacks support of Most (probably all) of ZDoom/GZDoom mods and that's why you can't play Brutal Doom on ZDaemon and is also why no body hosted a Brutal Doom server there .