Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathevokatioN

6 Time Felon Killed In Shootout By 13 Year Old During Home Invasion

Should have CQC'd the other one and Fulton'd him back to Mother Base.

Seriously though, no kid should have to shoot a man. Look, even says he wished the shooting never should have happened.

As the suspects tried to make their way into the house, the boy opened fire, but the suspects reacted by returning fire before fleeing from the scene.

Okay so far...

The boy chased the suspects out of the home and continued to fire as they fled in their vehicle.

... Damn. Kid's a psycho.

I think he was a little bit too excited and on a roll when he successfully fended them off, actually pursuing them. Maybe he watched too many action movies. Still, the kid has a pair of bollocks.

HavoX said:

For real? Seriously?

Uhm... from the name of that site i'm not totally sure about the veridicity of those facts, checked on snopes (a debunking site) and don't have a good reputation there...

However, i'm waiting to see some guy put this story as a good reason to give guns to people or the opposite on facebook...

Kid definitely went into primal adrenaline mode. Those criminals got schooled by a school kid.

Brave kid although I hope he isn't just trigger happy. Chasing the criminals as they were escaping and shooting them is a questionable act, but as Doomkid mentioned it could be the adrenaline kicking in especially when they returned fire. I can't say I would be much different. But a 13 years old boy doing it? wow.

I honestly wonder what kind of thoughts the kid has been having. I mean, obviously he was trained to use a gun and understood 'it's them or me', so I don't think he should feel wrong or guilty about it. He did the right thing. Still, taking another human life isn't something most of us in a first world country ever have to deal with, much less at 13. This kid may well have killed someone before he even learned to jerk off, I can't help but wonder how that will affect his development through his teen years. It may not, but it very well could.

Linkrulezall said:

I suppose we should be glad that this was one of the better possible outcomes.

I wouldn't use the word "better" here, but yeah, better that motherfucker than the kid.

Things that only can happen in America where everybody seems to carry a weapon.

In any other SANE country neither of the participants would have had a weapon to begin with!

But of course it's celebrataion for the gun psychos to justify weapon ownership.

Graf Zahl said:

In any other SANE country neither of the participants would have had a weapon to begin with!

In which Utopia the best case scenario is that the 13 year old boy gets overpowered, beaten up, and traumatized for the rest of his life... and worst case scenario he's killed by full grown men, and this is just assuming said criminals didn't have connections in the criminal underworld by now to get guns the illegal way, or you know... come in with knives or blunt objects that can be used as weapons.

In a 'SANE' country, there's literally no possible outcome where the child isn't placed 2nd best and at the mercy of the 6 time fellon.

Damn it, this wasn't even meant to be a political thread, I'm getting tired with all of this.

DeathevokatioN said:

In which Utopia the best case scenario is that the 13 year old boy gets overpowered, beaten up, and traumatized for the rest of his life...

No best case scenario is that he phones police and hides.

I'm not sure why you believe "I chased after and killed people" isn't going to traumatize the kid.

Graf Zahl said:

Things that only can happen in America where everybody seems to carry a weapon.

But of course it's celebrataion for the gun psychos to justify weapon ownership.

Gez said:

I'm not sure why you believe "I chased after and killed people" isn't going to traumatize the kid.

I think it highly depends on how sheltered and pampered somebody is with the idea that everybody lives a happy long life in terms of the impact and "trauma" it could inflict after something happened.

There are so many possible jobs he could go for where killing people or people being killed could very well be a standard occurrence; Soldiers, Cops, Security, surgery, aid in third world countries, ...

Are we even correct in replacing our survival instincts with "fear" and "hiding" until a cop or soldier comes running ?

Gez said:

How is that the best case scenario? What if the police don't arrive quick enough? If he's carefully hiding how is he safely going to get to a phone? Not every thirteen year old has a cell phone on hand. Even if he did, what if the robbers heard him talking? Chasing and killing people could obviously be traumatizing but so is hiding and wishing you could do something to protect your life and possessions but CANNOT. Who knows how that could have ended up. In this instance one robber is dead and the other jailed. The house and kid remains safe. That seems like a better case scenario to me.

Gez said:

Robbers most likely escape with all the family's expensive possessions before police arrive and do it again for many more victims to come, and hopefully as many of those end up with best case scenario as well. :P

Even then you're still leaving a lot up to pure chance though, not every house has an abundance of hiding places, not every robber is as unobservant as the ones in suspense movies, robbers often look in hiding places for safes... because I've had an armed robbery in my home and they were very thorough in finding most of our valuables (including our safe) in a short amount of time (granted, they found my shit decoy phone and not my good one :p), and our house doesn't have a simple layout either.

And obviously hiding, talking on the phone, waiting for the door to burst open knowing that your powerless should it happen isn't complete and total nightmare material at all for a 13 year old. You definitely need trauma counselling no matter the outcome, but begging for your life, powerless, being on the other side of the gun with drugged up robbers that get increasingly angry because they couldn't find enough money, or because they think you're lying when you tell them you don't know the pin to your safe is trauma on another level. Seriously.

Kudos to the kid for the bravery what makes it even better is that he's not glorifying or demonstrating a large ego for the event. I do feel sorry for him having to go through that and the trauma he has to put up with afterwards, although I can't help but feel the end to the story is somewhat fabricated as I sincerely doubt that he chased after them. More than likely he called the police after the crooks got into their getaway car. Believable, but it doesn't sell.