Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ganryu

How do I delete a sector in doom builder?

Deleting a sector leaves a solid area.

But what if I have a sector within a sector. For example a carpet. I want to get rid of the carpet without making it solid.

I've tried doing that but that deletes the outer sector too.

I've had to reload after every attempt at doing that because the map ends up broken.

Select the sector you want to preserve, and then select the sector you want to remove, and then select the "Merge Sectors" option, which is bound to Shift+J by default. (Don't mess up the order.)

You have to delete all of them at the same time. Or just select the outer sector, then select the inner sector, press J, and now that they're the same sector you can delete the linedefs that used to separate them.

EDIT: Fuckin a, Rwdpa.

Try selecting the sector you want to keep, and then the one you want to 'delete'. Then press and hold 'Shift' and then hit 'J'.

It should merge the sector together, automatically deleting any superfluous linedefs that are between them.

The merge sector function can also be used with more than 2 sectors, just remember that the first sector you highlight is the one all the subsequent sectors will be merged into. It's a very handy function if, like me, you change your mind a lot or just make plenty of mistakes.

9 hours ago, RonRazor said:

what i do is press the delete buttion on the keyboard

If you do that to delete a sector that is inside another sector, you will create a column inside the outer sector that is shaped like the inner sector. If that is not what you want to do, then merging the sectors is the solution.