Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Anywhere I can find the Wolf3D sound effects?

I'm working on a Wolf3D-based Doom wad and those sound effects really would come in handy - I cant seem to find them anywhere, oddly enough. Help is greatly appreciated!

Doomkid said:

I'm working on a Wolf3D-based Doom wad and those sound effects really would come in handy - I cant seem to find them anywhere, oddly enough. Help is greatly appreciated!

The digitized sound effects are in the VSWAP.WL6 file (for Wolfenstein 3D full version) or VSWAP.SOD (for Spear of Destiny), or any other file named VSWAP.something (the extension changes depending on game and version).

The PC speaker and Adlib sound effects are in AUDIOT.WL6 (same comment for the extension).

Thanks for the replies fellas, was wondering if I would in fact have to rip them from the game or a mod. Just for the nostalgia, I decided to nab those adlib sounds as well even though I don't intend to use them. Really creative use of tones.

Thanks!

I kinda wanted to try my hand at a "what if ID had made "Wolfenstien II" insetad of Doom with the fancy new engine" type of mod, even if it only ends up as a few maps I think it would make for a fun experience.

Doomkid said:

I kinda wanted to try my hand at a "what if ID had made "Wolfenstien II" insetad of Doom with the fancy new engine" type of mod, even if it only ends up as a few maps I think it would make for a fun experience.

I'd like to see someone recreate Wolfenstein Part II: Rise of the Triad. The assets, or what's there at least, are in circulation. I've only seen bits and pieces used in some Wolf3D mods.