Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plut

Resurgence demos [-complevel 9]

@Bloodlite Krypto map24 was quite challenging that's for sure. I was thinking about doing map27 as a UV max demo at sometime, but like I said, my runs are much slower though. Will you ever post ur demos for 26 and 27 on Youtube? I'd like to link it to my runs of those maps, if you haven't seen my runs for those maps in Resurgence yet. Or if you want I can post them here.

I upload when I have the spare time and in a sequential order such as all demos for a particular wad, not as soon as any demo is completed, and yes I know of your YT (=

No I intended to do the remaining maps for Episode 3 a while back since no one else has done so, it's a great wad although nowhere near as excellent and refined compared to Speed of Doom but deserves a Cacoaward on account of surpassing anything else released in 2014. I devise my own routes during practice.

How did you skip the death exit for map25 @Bloodlite Krypto? During my run I was forced to take the death exit and begin map26 with pistol start.

When straferunning it is possible to skip linedefs because the engine thinks your going to fast and doesn't trigger it, but their doesn't appear to be a consistent strategy as it happens at random.

Bloodite Krypto said:

it happens at random.

It is not literally random, though? Doesn't it just require precise player position when crossing the line? If some map layout allows, we might be able to practice aligning the player position with the help of walls or teleports, so that we get consistent results. I've seen some glides and hard jumps that take a long time to set up. The same should work with line skips. In this map it might still be a better idea to just run and hope for the best. There might be some other maps with easy-to-setup linedef skips.

By the way, thanks for the entertainment, Bloodite Krypto! Really cool runs!

Aqfaq said:

It is not literally random, though? Doesn't it just require precise player position when crossing the line? If some map layout allows, we might be able to practice aligning the player position with the help of walls or teleports, so that we get consistent results. I've seen some glides and hard jumps that take a long time to set up. The same should work with line skips. In this map it might still be a better idea to just run and hope for the best. There might be some other maps with easy-to-setup linedef skips.

By the way, thanks for the entertainment, Bloodite Krypto! Really cool runs!

Yes, there is no RNG involved at all with linedef skips. Zero-Master did a line skip setup on map 22 of his Plutonia D2ALL NM-Speed run, and there were two precise line skip setups found for the Scythe map 28 crusher by Kraflab and me. I also did a setup for a line skip to get the BFG on Scythe map 31 in my NM100 and normal exit NM-Speed runs. For any south or west linedef skip, there should always be a setup assuming there is enough space to perform it, and for any east or north linedef skip, there should be a setup assuming there's a possibility of a wallrun or linedef skip.

I looked through the other death exits that I remember out of Resurgence, and the only ones where skipping the exit would do anything were 5 and 25. 5 is east, though, and it's also a drop down, so it might be a bit tougher to setup (still could be possible, though).

Map 17 pacifist in 26.26

Glides of course... 2 of them even! the first is north and the second is south.

I like this wad so far, shame I always try to get through as quickly as possible even when I play without demo recording so I won't ever know what the rest of the map looks like! :)

rs17p026.zip

7 hours ago, A7MAD said:

grinding map 30...

Good luck dude! You're gonna need it!

Here's my run if you're interested:

This might give you some inspiration.

Recently attempted a MAP29 UV-Max... those Scythe 2 enemies are completely decimating me...