Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashstrodamus

Swift Death demos [-complevel 9]

Ancalagon said:

Map12 max 1:50

Nice route and time, though I don't see why the condescending comment was needed in the demo description. ? Sure, guys like you, j4rio, cybie531, Rayzik, etc. are way better than I am, but this is all new to me, so excuse me if I got a little excited about doing these runs. No harm, no foul.

Cyberdemon531 said:

I didn't think it was condescending, moreso just explaining why he did the run.

Original quote: Ashstrodamus was so curious about how a fast map12 max would be.....Now try the same quote without that bolded word. The sentence is still complete and relevant without sounding condescending. Maybe I just took it the wrong way.

Nice Ray!!!!! I'm waiting for you to get up in the upper levels. The only record. I've held for two weeks, map 13 of Swift Death, but I've got a better time. Waiting for you guys to smash it.

Rayzik said:

Map06 UV-Max in 0:58
Map06 UV-Speed in 0:03(.23)

Keyboard_Doomer already did 2.94 pacifist.

Ashstrodamus said:

Nice Ray!!!!! I'm waiting for you to get up in the upper levels. The only record. I've held for two weeks, map 13 of Swift Death, but I've got a better time. Waiting for you guys to smash it.

I'll get there eventually. I've been busy with holiday junk lately, as well as the time I put into each map already.

MD922 said:

Ok.. But I didn't post a pacifist demo..

MD922 said:

Just a reminder that not everything has to be a record demo, and that you don't need to be the record reminder agent every time someone uploads something :)

Ashstrodamus said:

Map32 UV-Max in 8:07

Pretty fun map but damn the revenants are annoying as hell.

You missed one monster unfortunately :/

Those revenants do look pretty annoying too, and even more so when they fall off those towers.

Rayzik said:

You missed one monster unfortunately :/

Those revenants do look pretty annoying too, and even more so when they fall off those towers.

Nope, 100% kills. I just watched it again. I was messing with map10 some. That gap is hard to jump but I think under the right circumstances, below 2:30 is very doable.

Edit: My bad Ray, you're right. Back to the drawing board.

Ashstrodamus said:

Nope, 100% kills. I just watched it again. I was messing with map10 some. That gap is hard to jump but I think under the right circumstances, below 2:30 is very doable.

You got 100%, but still missed a monster so it's not a valid run. Arch-vile resurrects, I'm assuming.

Cyberdemon531 said:

You got 100%, but still missed a monster so it's not a valid run. Arch-vile resurrects, I'm assuming.

I don't get it, how can you tell? iddt?

Edit: I see the imp bastard now. Arrrrgggghhhh! Oh well, let's do it again.

Personally I just use PrBoom+'s advanced HUD. Much easier to check with, I just -skipsec to the last 3 seconds to confirm the run usually.

Rayzik said:

Personally I just use PrBoom+'s advanced HUD. Much easier to check with, I just -skipsec to the last 3 seconds to confirm the run usually.

How do I do that> Still learning my brother.

Goto -> Menu -> Options -> Setup -> Status Bar/HUD, and go to the second page, set all options to yes, or whichever you want on specifically.

Smart totals is the option that shows how many monsters you've killed and how many are spawned on the map by default. Also items numbers and secrets.

To get the HUD in-game, just hit F5 a bunch of times until you find a setup that works for you.

As for '-skipsec', that's a command line parameter. Just put the number of seconds to skip behind it in the command line/batch file and it'll load the demo at that time.

Cyberdemon531 said:

I always thought you had to kill all the original monsters to achieve 100% Kills. I didn't know an AV resurrect would bump you up to 100%. Learn something new everyday.

Rayzik said:

Map10 UV-Max in 1:32

Luck level: OVER 9000

Damn, fucking nice!!!! That's gonna be hard to beat.

Edit: I actually got the Cybie once with the frag, but died like ten seconds later.