Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raymoohawk

need recommendations of screenshotable maps

hey yall, so i suck at drawin architecture, and i'm a basement dweller who wont set foot outdoors. so i thought what better way to practice drawing architecture than using doom maps as referent. does anyone here do that? and if so what maps do you recommend for this purpose? preferably looking for non iwad suggestions

why not just search up architectural references of actual buildings on google or something? Doom maps doesn't strike me as very accurate reference-material for emulating real-life architecture. i mean, look at E1M1. no sensible architect would design a building like that.

Doomhuntress said:

why not just search up architectural references of actual buildings on google or something? Doom maps doesn't strike me as very accurate reference-material for emulating real-life architecture. i mean, look at E1M1. no sensible architect would design a building like that.

That's why it was so fun!

The "post your doom picture" threads are a pretty nice reference.

40oz said:

The "post your doom picture" threads are a pretty nice reference.

*facepalm*
Of course!

Tons of screenshots there!

And for Christ's sake put some sort of warning nearby. Even if you have to offset some wall tiles or hit the floor with a hammer to make it look suspicious.