Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antares031

Doom Guy's Mind

Sodaholic said:

Not exactly one of Ross's best videos. His Game Dungeon series is really good, though.

Agree. His review on Wolfenstein: Black Sun really caught my attention since that's how I exactly felt on that game.

Sounds like an angsty Teen who listens to Linkin Park and watches an shit ton of gory online videos.

Still like the video though.

The guy that made this is actually really good though.
He's made several videos on older games like these, and actually made a really in-depth and interesting review of Strife.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPrU7LSqiX0
He's pretty funny, and he made Freeman's Mind, which is essentially the magnum-opus of Half Life content on YouTube.

Voros said:

In reality, no marine would sound so confident fighting unknown forces, demons.

O ye of little faith. :3

mrthejoshmon said:

Say, wasn't this posted before by the author and then heavily scrutinized because of how awful it was that then ended with tears?

Wow, really? I'd have loved to see that. :3

I was pretty entertained. He could have dialed up the nonsensical insanity factor a bit but it was well within the scope of Doomguy's comic book character. There's similar, but better, voice acting in Brutal Doom that uses exact lines from the comic. It's a fun take on the character, although I still have a different Doomguy in my head.

Hellslime said:

I was pretty entertained. He could have dialed up the nonsensical insanity factor a bit but it was well within the scope of Doomguy's comic book character. There's similar, but better, voice acting in Brutal Doom that uses exact lines from the comic. It's a fun take on the character, although I still have a different Doomguy in my head.

I still prefer the "scared shitless but still badass" Doomguy In PSX DOOM and DOOM 64.

Tritnew said:

I still prefer the "scared shitless but still badass" Doomguy In PSX DOOM and DOOM 64.

I've had the misfortune of having never played either of those. Just browsing the forums after registering the last few days has turned me on to the PSX Doom total conversion and the whole world of experience other players have had on console ports. I grew up with PC Doom, but it's cool to see that others had a slightly different Doom.

Despite that, the "scared shitless but still badass" Doomguy is exactly how I've always envisioned him. Scared out of his mind, pulling his wits back together, and then doing what he never knew possible - getting pissed and massively fucking up Hell's shit.