Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

Video games to play while drunk?

Well for me since my first experience being drunk and another time being drunk (right now) I have to say I have found Return to Castle Wolfenstein a very good choice even after playing it to death while in a normal non-drunk state.

Anything and everything. Especially co-op games with drunk friends. Crank the difficulty up and blame everyone else for your mistakes; the laughs you'll get are unparalleled.

Getting drunk and taking turns playing Silent Scope 2 at the arcade yielded some of the most pathetic marksmanship skills ever witnessed by man or beast.

dew said:

House of the Dead: Overkill. Good times were had.

mmmhmmm rail shooters are great for this. Especially like HOTD. Nothing like being too uncoordinated to walk to ruin your bloody gorey violent shooting :)

I rarely play with/against either of my brothers completely sober, but I find co-op funnier. Particularly on harder games like Rayman Origins, where fucking up is frequent but not too big of a set-back. Actually, especially Rayman Origins (presumably Legends too), as you can fuck each other over by smacking each other at inopportune moments, or frantically try to save whoever last fucked it with mixed results in a fast-paced game that will happily shaft you at a moment's notice.

We also found split-screen in games such as Aliens: Colonial Marines, the Army of Two series and the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games to be a fun experience with a crate of beer between us (usually on the hardest difficulty).

If you're competing, fighting games. The Soul Calibur series is our poison, but I'm sure they all work just as well after a few beers. Hell, even a drunken four-way split-screen DM on any of the previous gen CoD games made for a couple of hours of gaming. Anything goes, come to think of it!

Mario Party, because it's a silly social game. Of course, I'm only speaking from my experiences of playing it with others.

Heretic and DooM coop survival with 2 lives when I have lans with my friends... especially when we're testing my maps, because it's really funny how they shout at me for unfair monster placement and when I keep quiet when there's a trap. :P

If you want a mind fuck, LSD: Dream Emulator. If you want to just laugh your ass off with friends, Super Smash Bros (like J.B.R. said.)

PROTIP: These suggestions also work well under the influence of other things.

Mario Kart 64/Mario Kart Wii for sure. I still occasionally play "Dont Drink and Drive" with friends where the objective is to finish your beer before crossing the finish line and not come in last place. The catch is that your kart must be completely stopped when you are drinking your beer/drink. This usually results in people chugging a whole beer at the beginning of the race, but either way everyone gets pretty drunk after a few rounds. At that point things get really hilarious.

I used to play the Lucifer boss battle in Painkiller when getting drunk on several nights. Not sure why exactly.....but it is entertaining to try and focus on sending the meteors and sword back at him when your aim is completely lax.

Drunk CS:Source has always been fun. Most fun is usually on a jailbreak server - I used to get drunk as the warden and make up random days based on what popped up into my head. 50/50 chance of you either hosting a hilarious couple of games or ending up becoming incoherent and removed from warden status :P

I'm a little confused about this thread only because when I drink, doing anything other than falling asleep simply isn't an option. Isn't this sort of thing more fun after marijuana?

GoatLord said:

Isn't this sort of thing more fun after marijuana?

Pretty much yeah

WarioWare, Mario Kart, Doom Deathmatch, Smash Bros are really fun. Just visited my friends up north for a few days and we played the shit out of all 4 while drinking and smoking plenty. Was a great holiday!

GoatLord said:

I'm a little confused about this thread only because when I drink, doing anything other than falling asleep simply isn't an option. Isn't this sort of thing more fun after marijuana?

PROTIP: Moderation isn't just when your threads get sent to post hell.

Ashstrodamus said:

Wii Bowling. It's almost just like being at the real bowling alley, except the beer is cheaper and my scores are way higher.

This is very accurate.